Dark circles under eyes (lacking a certain vitamin?)

I'm 24 and I've always suffered from dark circles under my eyes. My cousins and sisters also have this and no amount of concealer does the trick. I heard that this could be a lack of a certain vitamin? Or that eating certain foods can help this?

I have also recently been diagnosed with endometriosis and am also looking for dietary tips to help this.

Thank you

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If your sisters and cousins have this problem then it would seem to be a genetic trait within the family and maybe there is nothing you can do. I don't know what sort of diet you have, but eating a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables will help anyway, rather than any specific foods or supplements that you could take.

I don't have dark shadows but I do have very puffy eyes and no amount of sleep, diet. exercise or eye creams makes any difference. I have just learned to live with it and make th best of my good assets!

I'm sorry to hear about the endometriosis- this is a horrible condition but again, not surre if anything other than a healthy diet will help. Maybe your GP or practice nurse could help. Good luck.

• Thank you for your reply. I do have a healthy and well balanced diet but energy levels are always low, however that may be linked to the endo. Sadly I think it is hereditary but I am going to keep trying. I looked on the health food shop site and it says vitamin B and B12 helps. Going to try and give that a go, along with a lot more greens (on top of what I already eat).

Thanks again

• Dark circles could possibly be a lack of iron in your diet. Do you eat much meat or iron rich veg?

• Looking into it a bit more could be you aren't drinking enough.

• I do eat meat regularly and lots of fresh fruit and veg, I also drink plenty of water each day. Maybe I'll try some iron tablets and see if that helps....

• I do eat meat regularly and lots of fresh fruit and veg, I also drink plenty of water each day. Maybe I'll try some iron tablets and see if that helps....

• I'd heard years ago that dark circles are from food allergies, the most common being dairy and wheat. It's such a pain to try to eliminate those since I've been in such a lifetime habit of eating a lot of both. Mom always had dark circles and I wondered if it might have been all the dairy she ate.

• Dark circles = lack of iron.

You may also like...