ATOS RESULT

Hi all,

about 3 weeks ago I posted on here that I had my ATOS medical. Well I have received a telephone call yesterday informing me that I had been placed in the 'Work Related Activity Group'.

Well its not a flat turn down but it does mean that I will have to appeal to be placed into the support group.

Of course I would like to be able to work and if I was able would not have put myself through all this but the Fibromyalgia, depression and arthritic degeneration makes this impossible, so the fight goes on.

I would really appreciate hearing of anyone's experiences of how to appeal etc.

Gently hugs

Nikki xxx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, I was successful in appeal, I had an advocate from Surrey Disabled Peoples Partnership, she was very supportive. She took the case on for me and wrote to the DWP. I received a letter from them telling me that I had been for a face to face interview with ATOS. I had not. Then the letter went on to say that I was unlikely to be employed in any meaningful sense, my condition was such that it could improve with help. Therefore I was placed in the WRAG. I heard on Friday, that I had been placed in the Support Group, which means they will leave me alone for 2 years. I asked why then, was I called up only after 6 months when I was placed in the Support Group last year! she said, slowly... I doooont knooow!

Anyway my point is, do not give up. I too have fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis, diabetes, neuropathic pain. and surprise surprise.. depression

• Hi MillyPeede,

Thank you so much for your response to my ask for advice. I will definitely seek representation, perhaps my first port of call will be the CAB to see if they know of some sort of group in my area..

I am glad that you have got everything sorted (well fingers crossed).

Nikki

• get an advocate or some other representation its better for you if you don't do this alone.

• Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure I list everything. I also have spondyloleisthesis and prolapsed discs in my neck just to add the the list lol.

Hugs x

You may also like...