ATOS / ESA50 questionnaire

After failing my first medical, it was overturned (last year) on appeal without going to a tribunal. My health has since deteriorated and I wrote asking to be placed in the support group as apposed to the working group I was in. I have now completed and sent, with medical documents the ESA50 form to ATOS. My question is, will they automatically send me to a medical - or do they sometimes make a decision on medical reports and esa50 alone? I am becoming more and more anxious when going to sort these things out. Thanks, Tess

5 Replies

• hi Tess not an expert but I think you can expect a medical. Not always automatic but think it is nearly always for something like Fibro.

Easy to say but try not to get too stress as not good for you. Gentle hugs.

• Hi tessintrouble

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? I am not on these benefits so I do not really know the answer to your question. However, I have pasted you a link to the ATOS websites cache on ESA Claims, so you may be able to find the answer there?

I want to wish you all the best of luck with your claim, fingers crossed for you!

Ken x

• In the real world they should be able to make a decision from medical information received. However it rarely works like that they may use logic and make a decision or go though procedures which most probably mean they get paid for a meeting as well!

I have been told many times by DWP staff that I should be on DLA/PIP but they always throw my claim out. I have been told that at my present medical rate of decline without any major infections my prognosis is 6 to 9 years. Because of that I cannot use a dS1500 form which states that you may not have longer than 6 months to live! This is then reviewed every 3 years and a new form required after 9 years. ( how does that make any sense? )

I wish you well with your claim.

Be Well

• Hi hun, I can not praise the following web site enough. With their help I got my husband onto the support group esa with out the stress of him having to go for a medical. He has ptsd among other things.

Hope that helps x

• Hi there,

there are times they will do it with you having to attend but this is few and far between. i know that it is easy to say dont stress about it if you have to go and attend take someone with you and request that the assessment be recorded. i did this and it can be invaluable. i am a member of a free site and they have laods of advice on what to do how to fill in forms etc., its called give it a look and they will support you and offer good advice. i used the site to fill in both my husbands and my own esa 50 and he is now in the support group and myself in WRAG but i am having mine reconsidered so fingers crossed.

kind regards

You may also like...