New Car put a smile on my face !!!!! :-)

Hi everyone well what a day I have had. Today we picked up my new car ( Motability ) and it is Red, other one was Azure Blue, so dif; colour but same model. I was not exited till we actually drove onto the forecourt. They were very sweet it was all wrapped up and hidden behind a screen.

Then My husband drove it home as I am still unable to drive... Acute Fibro and all !! told him I would get him a hat!!! lol :-)

After lunch we went to the next town, and with the help of Indie my little red scooter I went shopping,for the first time since March. Mac said you should have seen my face !! We went into two big stores , and I was able to take it into the coffee shop. Again a first since March.

The only other time I have been out was last friday to help chose my daughter's wedding dress. Now I will be able maybe to go back to swimming,as I can go on Indie round the Hotel. :-)

Well now I am so shattered !! I hope I will sleep well tonight,as I have the hospital appointments tomorrow,and instead of going in a boneshaker wheelchair I can just hop on my scooter.

Gentle hugs to every one (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love and Light

Rainbowdancer x x

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • What lovely uplifting news! I wish you lots more happy days with your new set of wheels. Jane x

• Realy pleased for you rainbowdancer,how exciting to have a new car and to have such a lovely day out and about,bet you feel fab,hope all goes well tomorrow,I've just posted a blog about returning to work tomorrow...I soo do not want to go bed!xx

(((((((((((Soft hugs Hun))))))))))

• Thanks guy's It was great very tiring but worth it. Big day tomorrow,seeing the physio, fibro guy and Rheumatology. Hoping to be doing hydro therapy for a while to help me get back to swimming. My friend says she thinks I am a mermaid ,coz after being in the water I am more movable and alert lol :-)

Well off for some ZZ Z Z Z Z Z Zz z z z z z z z night night , sleep tight , dont let the fibro bite!!

Rainbowdancer :-)

• :-) Wonderful uplifting news.. x

• What wondeful day Go Girl! :) You will make us all smile with you take care xgins

• Happy and safe motoring in your new car :-) its so ovely to hear a piece of good news enjoy your travels and may the road ahead be full of wonderful opportunities and amazing sights

Dixie xx

• Ooops ment lovely lol

• My old car got towed to the scrapyard last December and I had to wait 2 and a half months for my new Motability car to arrive. I'd ordered it from a showroom just yards from my university. In the weeks that I had no car, my university had been kind enough to pay for a taxi to get me to and from my lectures and I can still remember how excited I was the morning the taxi drove me past the showroom and my new car had been parked where I could see it and the frustration of having to wait till 11am to be able to collect it.

I have to admit I chose the colour, firstly on its ability to stand out and secondly on the look of absolute horror on my son's face - its lime green :) A couple of days ago my son came to help me do a bit of shopping and I watched him scan the (very busy) car park and spot my car within seconds :) He says the colour has "grown on him" and he's certainly never refused a lift in it. I love my new car, its so much easier to drive than my old one, I don't regret getting it despite the fact its left me struggling financially. Those endless weeks without transport made me really appreciate how much difference a car makes to my life and mobility.

I hope you have as much enjoyment from your new car xxx

• Thanks Lindy, yes I waited two months for my new one because I was not well enough to go and look at them. In the end we decided to have one exactly the same but a diferent colour. The mobility were very good they re-taxed my old car so that I could keep it for the extra two months. I have a Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive ,in cherry red the last one was so lovely to drive,and when I can walk I will know I will be OK to drive it. :-)

My daughter is getting married next year and her dress is Crimson,so she had a shock when she saw the car. :-).

Gentle hugs to all x (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

• Sounds like your car will co-ordinate with your daughters wedding :)

My car is about the same colour as the green strip at the top of the page, its a Vauxhall Corsa. This time of year I LOVE the heated steering wheel and seat :)

• Woop woo lucky you....heated seat and steering wheel. lol

yes I will colour co-ordinate for the wedding...I am giving my daughter away and it will be on Midsummer's day. All I need to do is find a colour I can where that will go with her crimson. The Bridesmaids are in shades of green !! very magical and my birthday too :-)

• Sounds like you had a lovely and hopefully more to come :D x

You may also like...