Does anyone else get "anxious" side effect from co-codamol?

If I take more than 2 doses for more than two days one of the more unpleasant side effects I get is anxiousness. Butterflies in stomach, restlessness, nausea, just horrible! I normally just take 1 at a time, 2 often make me sick or feel too woosey!

I take 30/500 co-codamol, & sometimes baclofen & that's it. I have asthma so can't take anti inflammatries, though they would help with my osteoarthritus & osteoporosis. I seem to have bad reactions & intolerance to other meds I have tried, such as fits & sickness, so both GP & rhymatologist have given up on me! My GP just prescribed 16/500 instead, like that will help with the pain when even the strong ones don't!

I can't even get in & out of the bath to have a nice relaxing soak, & I'm sure some of you also have days where even the force of the shower hurts!

Sorry to whinge, but seem to be on a PLOM day! (poor little old me!)

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • yes i had those side effects too, was on 2 30/500 4x day.

eased off after first few weeks taking them, now on tramadolMR and have same side effects lol but they easing off as been on them 3 weeks now,

perservere hun xx

• Bless you , i had those tabs when i think maybe my fm started , i was so poorly a doctor came out to me cos i couldnt get out of bed , and i felt very anxious and panicy when id taken them . these feelings passed quicker than the virus i was supposedly suffering with but my bowel stopped working and i ended up in hospital for 5 days , where it was thought i had lupus , but it was put down to the side effects of co -codamol . five years later ive finally been diagnosed with fm hope you feel better soon sweetie x

• Hi floozy

I have been taking them for osteoarthritus for over 10 years, some days are worse than others. I also suffer from diverticulitus normally I go 6 times a day so constipation is not a problem! lol xx

• I was taking them but felt too sick on them, really badly nausea! I don't take them anymore. x

• Im on straight codiene, and they make me feel like that. And a rush feeling. I only take them when i need to. Awful tablets. Have you tried Gabapentin? Hugs & love to you. Helen xx

• I can't remember! (dam fibrofog!)

All I've been told is that because of really bad reactions to other drugs that i've had, no-one is prepared to prescribe me anything else, they say I have tried all other groups of drugs, so I'm stuck with co-codamol or nothing! Most of the time I take nothing. xx

• I am same Shadow. Have problem with all painkillers. Even paracetamol send me to sleep! 2 is a great sleeping tablet... When you already have a sleeping problem that isn't really the answer lol. I spent 10 years with no pain meds, and used self-hypnosis to lessen pain, and a positive cheerful attitude. Then my Fibro kicked in... My doc prescribed progabalin (Lyrica), and my pain has tremendously reduced. Have you tried that?

Co-codamel is my "emergency" painkiller lol.

• Feel stupid admiting it , but I cant remember!

2 co/co dont so much send me to sleep, more like make you feel drugged. They also give me such a dry mouth I have to near enough peel my cheeks off my teeth in the morning! Lol

Asked my GP for sleeping tablets once & all she gave my was 4 as they are "addictive". 1st & 2nd night got 5hrs sleep, then didn't work after that....back to the drawing board! xx

• Hi the shadow,

I find that if I drink a pint of water 10 mins before I sleep that I don't wake up dehydrated, although it makes me need the loo a few times in the night but if I don't have the water I'm that dehydrated I can't breathe properly a bit like an asthma attack but I don't have asthma! and my head bangs so hard I feel like its going to explode! And as soon as I drink about half a pint of water, it goes away and I feel normal again, weird but true! Maybe you should try it.

Hope this helps

Irene x

• Hi

My GP took me of Co-dydrmol, I had been on and off it, mainly on, for over 20 years, Doc said she hated Co-dydrmol and upped by Tramadol to maximum dosage and I take paracetamol, more people have told me the paracetamol work well with Tramadol. Although the pain is, i cant really explain, before with Co-dydrmol I felt more numb and drugged as someone else said, now more pain but I feel better in myself, strange.

I did get anxiety, especially late evening, could have had a brilliant day and then I would have this way of anxiety wash over me. Stil get a mild dose, the FB does that, but no where near as bad and much less often.

I found Tramadol my saviour but I know some people cant take it . I am happier off Co-dydramol.

Take care Lynfran x

• I have had anxiety over the past few weeks and put it down to stress etc, i take Co Codamol practically every day(ok'd with my G/P!) i am now wondering if perhaps it is the medication! If only there was a magic pill that made it all go away! Hope you feel better soon,hugs sent to you xxx

• I had to stop taking them as i felt so sick and dizzy whilst on them..They just knocked me out..Had to go lie down till the side effects wore off...I won't take them now.

You may also like...