I've just started taking Tramadol and wondered if it's upset anyone's tummy?

Also how long does it take to take the multiple pains away?

I can't take much more and have tried most of the medication talked about on here. Nothing seems to work for me. I am waiting to hear whether I'm eligible for DLA it's my 3rd time applying so fingers crossed. I also suffer from ulcerated colitis and crohns disease which for those who don't know what it is, it's a inflammatory bowel disease.

Any advice or replies would be great

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Crumbs sweetie, you have got it hard.... Tramadol works differently with each person, personally it didn't help me, but I know of others it helps. It could work the day you take it, or it might take a couple of days.

My sister has crohns and can only use paracetamol because of the other meds shes on - but it works for her.

Hope you get your DLA - have you got anyone helping you with it this time? worth contacting the CAB to get info - hope this help x

• I've already filled it in. I do feel it shouldn't be so difficult to complete, after all it's not our intelligence they are testing it's our bodies and the pain we suffer. I will keep you all informed to whether I get it or not, but this timeim going to appeal for sure.

• Thank you for letting me know

• Hiya, I take tramadol.

First few days was lousey, felt sick and dizzy and generally really ill but gave it a full week by which time the pain was better, not gone but markedly improved.

The side effects wore of after just over a week and I've had not probs with it since.

In my case it hasnt made me pain free, I dont think anything does, but I am able to cope most days and only struggle when I flare up.

My doc has advised me how many extra I can take with a flare and you can also take ibruprofen on top. Soooo, works for me. Hope it helps yop too. xx

• I was started in Tramadol years ago. Only 50mg to start. Then when I had a really, really bad flare-up it was upped to 100mg, 3 times a day. This put me in hospital with a blocked bowl ( I quite literally nearly died) Everything was starting to shut down. I threw-up for 10 hours..non-stop. They eventually put me on a drip and took x-ray's. ( this was how they found out I had a blocked bowl) From this day forward, I suffered with terrible IBS. I also found that Tramadol gave me THE worst headaches ever! I've not touched the drug since. It's pure Evil. ( I know some swear by it)....I know it's not for everyone. Just make sure you keep an eye on your bowl movements.

• Thank you for letting me know I'll keep an eye on it x

• You're most welcome. :) Hope you feel a wee bit better soon. *hugs*

• no i didnt tolerate trammies either i felt awful on them and really sick... but if its sickness you are gettin you can get anti sickness tabs to take with em... i been given domperidone to stop me feelin sick with the co-codamols. they do help. just a thought x x gl with ya dla... i got it my third time hun x so glgl x

• I take tramadol for osteoarthritis, it doesn't touch my fibro pain. Definitely has a constipating effect, so I try and counteract this by eating lots of fruit and fibre and drinking lots of water etc.