Fibromyalgia Action UK
42,256 members54,400 posts

DWP Medical assessment waiting times

Hi All

Just wondering if there comes a time where waiting for a DWP medical becomes a cause for an official complaint? As far as I can see the wait is being used (along with the 3 month limit on backdates) to stop people claiming thier entitlements

15 Replies
oldestnewest

And who would you make this 'official' complaint to and on what grounds??

x

I dont know. But surely a system created to make people poorer by going past backpay parameters has to have the slightest touch of illegality about it wouldnt you say?

Are you waiting on an assessment now?

ESA? PIP?

x

My friend has been waiting six months for a Universal credit assessment. She is limited to 15 hrs work a week by her doctors. Rheumatoid arthritis scoliosis and osteoarthritis. They wont give her a date for her assessment

1 like

Hi make an official complaint to dwp about them and the assessors and go to your M P as government denying this lenth of time is going on .and some MPS trying to get this nasty UNIVERSAL credit stopped or halted as it is not working for the disabled and normal people also getting sanctions and no money etc.

1 like

Ok thanks will look into it

Aha...universal credit is a totally new mess.

No one can ever predict how long wait your friend will have.

x

Yup a real kafkaesque nightmare

Will update here if I get anywhere or find anything out which may be of help to others

1 like

Yeh do as lots of people on here are and will be going onto UNIVERSAL credit disabled going on last and it is going to hamner everyone to start with unless gets sorted

If you want to complain, here are the addresses etc

Capita

Complaints by email:

complaints@capita-pip.co.uk

Complaints by Post

PIP Complaints

PO Box 325

Darlington

DL1 9PH

ATOS (independent Assessment Services)

Email Complaints:

pip-customerservice@atos.net

Complaints by Post

The Client Relations Manager

Independent Assessment Services

PO Box 1006

Stockton-on-Tees

TS19 1UL

2 likes

Thanks

I have recently got awarded LCWRA which is part of UC mine was backdated six months. If you want to make a complaint you can do do on the .GOV website all you have to do is give national insurance number and contact telephone number and someone should ring you back. Hope this helps.

Thanks

I've been waiting for 5 months for a home assessment for ESA. Is 5+ months normal?

You may also like...