Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone, my name is brenda, I have been recently diagnosed with fibromalgia. But originally I was admitted in to hospital with a suspected heart attack. Various test were carried out and it transpired that my mitral valve is not closing properly. Now I still get pains in my chest all the time, but I know my hearts arteries are clear. So I been told that fibromalgia can cause Problems with chests and hearts. Has anyone else been told this

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's called costochondritis

• I've heard of this but the doctor said it doesn't last long but I have still got pains not as severe as the first time. My heart beats fast it's called sinus teaching something it means my heart goes fast know I'm waiting for a CTPA on my lungs to check my asthma once they die that the hospital said it would be worth putting me on better blockers

• Yeah it is my arm got pin and needles and my chest tight and the pain was intense

• Thank you for your concern

• Hello bfegan

Sorry you have been going through this and I hope things improve for you soon :)

From what you have said it sounds like you have been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse, see link below for more information;

nhs.uk/conditions/mitral-va...

I don't necessarily think it is associated with the Fibromyalgia per se, however it seems research has been done to look into the prevalence of MVP in those with Fibro, see below;

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/274...

You mention you have sinus tachycardia and are undergoing further investigations for this. I would consider mentioning this pain to the Drs as any chest pain should be discussed with your healthcare professional. However, it could be highly likely it may be Costochondritis as I and many forum members have this condition alongside Fibro, see link;

nhs.uk/conditions/Tietzes-s...

Hope this helps :)

Emma :)

You may also like...