Dating with Fibro

Hi guys I'm just wondering if any of you have been dating after not having done it for a few years and if so, when do you mention our dreaded little friend and when you do mention it how do prospective boyfriends/girlfriends react?? Also, has anyone tried online dating? If so, which sites would you advise and how do you get that first date?? Thanks.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi LADYALEXIA50

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I have pasted for you below a link to our mother site, FMA UK which hosts loads of useful Fibro information:

fmauk.org/

I have been married for the last 30 years so I have absolutely no experience of dating myself?

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Hi Ken thank you very much for your reply i will indeed have a look and really appreciate your kind wishes!

Hope you and your are keeping well.

Kind regards

Alex x

• Good luck my friend x :)

• Hello LADYALEXIA, I can't give you any dating advice but I think when you're asked tell me a little about yourself I would say I have fibromyalgia.i would not go in length about it just maybe a short version, unless there completely interested. They will probably Google it later. If they like you for who you are you'll know. Take care. Chris

• Thanks Chris very kind of you to reply. I am heartened to see by only a couple of responses that long marriages are still the norm - my parents have been married themselves for 66 years this year!! I will soon try and put my toe in the water I think - still havent plucked up the courage to yet - hey ho if its meant to be it's meant to be!! X

Alex

You may also like...