Advice please on where to get holiday insurance cover.

Hiya people hope everyone is feeling well. Just a quick question- I am due to go abroad next month and am in need of getting holiday health insurance. Does anyone know any companies that are reasonably priced. I have been on the comparison sites and have had a quote for £81.00 and others wouldn't insure me. I have M.E/Cfs, fibromyalgia and am going to be 20 weeks pregnant when I travel. If anyone could help with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Ali xx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm insured with blue badge travel insurance. I only pay £56 for a years european multi trip.

Hope you get a good deal somewhere 😊

Enjoy your holiday 🏖!!!

• Hi Alibobs

I do not personally know of any but I have pasted you the link to a Google search below. There may be some here that were not in the comparison search?

google.co.uk/search?q=disab...

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Have you looked at Staysure travel insurance I know they cover medical conditions. I have Saga but its not cheap....at least your covered. Good Luck in your search.

• Be watchful though if in Europe Staysure only covers emergency treatment in a private hospital not a stay once stabilised transfer is then to a public hospital.European healthcare is still essential - check the small print?

• Oops meant European health card is essential.maybe all companies have this same clause but Staysure certainly does.

• Hiya thanks for the replies, I will take a look at all the companies mention and the link sent :-)) xx

Muchly Appreciated xxx

• Hello Alibobs, I have just had a 7 days holiday in Fuerteventura, had a great time just me and my eldest daughter. I used a company called Get Going Travel insurance. I too have multiple health conditions, such as Tyoe 1 Diabetes, Lupus, chronic kidney disease and fibromyalgia and others. I was given a very good policy at £19.96 and this even covered gadget cover. Luckily I didn't need to use them. I hope you find the right one for you and have a wonderful holiday. X x

• In my experience with worldwide travelling fibro/ME are not an issue for travel insurance. I can't remember specific companies though :-P

You may also like...