Advice for fibromyalgia suffer. - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK

57,429 members65,390 posts

Advice for fibromyalgia suffer.

nelsie profile image
10 Replies

I'm so depressed I've lost another job due to time off with my fibromyalgia , I've tryed to claim PIP I was one point of the score to claim I asked for a reconciliation that came back the same . I'm getting in more debt each day . Can anyone advice me on what to do please .

10 Replies
Trikki profile image

Hi Nelsie.....Please don't give point between you and getting a benefit to which you are entitled. I don't know all the ins and outs of claiming but you need to speak to someone like the Citizens Advice or our Benefits Advisor (away until I think the 17th) there is lots of useful advise here and I am sure someone will point you in the right direction...wishing you all the best and hope to hear you have that extra 1 point!!! xxx

Scottish-piglet profile image

Sorry for asking but did the company know you had Fibro?

Were you handing in sick lines from your GP?

They can't get rid of you for that, it's against employment law, see citizens advice as soon as possible because you could have a claim for unfair dismissal and anything is worth a try.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about the appeal process, I was one of the very fortunate who didn't have to go down that road. Don't give up, there's plenty of advice available to you xx

nelsie profile image
nelsie in reply to Scottish-piglet

Hi yes work new I was having tested done then when I got my results that's when they said they had to let me go as I am unreliable due to time of with flur ups and the couldn't get staff in quick enough if I was to wake up in and ring them saying I couldn't do my shift that day.

Scottish-piglet profile image
Scottish-piglet in reply to nelsie

That is illegal, they cannot sack you for being ill. If you saw an employment lawyer you would have a case for unfair dismissal which could result in either some form of compensation or by giving you your job back. It is certainly worthwhile getting some advice. If they sacked you for being unreliable due to illness you wouldn't qualify for benefits so need to do something in order to get some money to live on.

If you want any further info send me a pm, I'm more than happy to help all I can xx

nelsie profile image
nelsie in reply to Scottish-piglet

I've also been handing sick notes in for my docs each month .

Well can you sign on the sick benifitt But I think a really good idea for you is to go the the citenzen advise they no all the angles Iv been there they was a great help I'm doing my pip now myself I sorted out all my hospital letters today 37 letters about condisions of Fibromygia , restless legs syndrome Asma and Tinatas So believe me I know how you feel nelsie you got to be strong get your head round things and fight for your rights x

TheAuthor profile image

Hi nelsie

I am so genuinely sorry to read this and as the others have said the CAB is a wonderful place to start. If your doctor is willing to give you a sick note you could try applying for ESA. I have pasted you a link below:

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you


nelsie profile image

Thankyou to you all for your advice I am going to the citizens advice place 1st thing tomorrow.

angiesmith50 profile image

You can claim ESA if your off sick. Phone them straight away and you can claim by phone. Tell them the last day you worked and they can start the claim from them. They will pay you for 13 weeks while they sort your claim. You may then be assessed but at least you will have money coming in. Good luck x

Bambamsnan profile image

Phone help line up to claim esa if you've been working you can get esa contribution you are allowed this for 12 months they can call you back in before 22 months for medical hope this helps ☺

You may also like...