Feet are changing

Hi it's been a while since I've been on here I've not been too well as had a bit of a flare .I just noticed that my feet are starting to deform slightly and the pain is really bad. My toes have started curling under and my big toe muckle on both fret is really protruding and extremely painful so I've been walking on the side of my feet and now have worse ankle oain.in! Does anyone else with fibromyalgia or hypermobility experience these kinds of changes?I'm going to visit the dr as my back is also really painful I can hardly lean on my tight side due to pain in my tail bone . Feel like I'm falling apart! X

6 Replies

  • My toes started to curling under for about six months now they are bending to one side I have very bent finger and don't make a fist now this all came on 6months agobi have fibromyalga and just been told ra and ostioatheritus now with a lot of pain

  • Hi there,

    I'm so sorry you are suffering so much at the moment, but I think your best course of action is as you say you are going to do, and visit the doctor. It could be one of many things and I know only too well how walking in a distorted way can so easily cause really bad back pain. I'm sorry not to be of more help, but I really do think this needs medical attention.

    Sending you lots of positive soothing vibes 😊😊

    Foggy x

  • I am so genuinely sorry to read that you are suffering and struggling in this way, and I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution to this issue. It is not something that I suffer with myself, but I do have Lymphedema and my feet and ankles swell and it is very painful and it makes it difficult to walk at times. I want to gneuinely wish you all the best of luck.

    All my hopes and dreams for you


  • My job is looking after feet and you sound like you need an orthotic insole. If the position of the joints and muscles in the feet is out then it affects the geometry bot inly if the ankles but the knees, hips and lower back. You need a foot health professional/ chiropodist/ podiatrist or osteopath to make an assessment and advise just what to get. Hope it helps x

  • Sorry about the poor spelling !!!! Terribly foggy today 😳

  • I am so sorry you are having this problem!! It is not typical of fibro as far as I know. When you see your doctor, ask about scleroderma. Curling hands and feet (with pain and stiffness) are one of the main initial symptoms. One of the other main symptoms is patches of skin rash, described as having a yellowish center and a lavender border, although it's in no way as pretty as that sounds. I have the limited or cutaneous form of scleroderma, which is autoimmune (body makes too much collagen) and affects skin, muscles, tendons, etc. It's diagnosed by a biopsy, so there's none of the confusion associated with fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed by a dermatologist, although this falls under rheumatology. The good news, for me anyway, was that the symptoms eased up after a couple of years. Hugs and healing to you!!

You may also like...