Can't move my legs today they seem to shake as soon as I stand. My hands are the same?

Was at hospital y/day for an ultrasound on my leg. I've had a lump above my knee for 3 months and just recently mentioned it to my gp who referred me.

Glad to say that it was clear but never got any explanation of what it could be.

It's so very painful and unbearable at times.

I have to say that although the radiologist was nice I came home tearful and very low which isn't like me.

It's the fact that I feel no one quite believes me when I complain about how much pain I'm in. I very rarely visit the Dr so they must know that I'm anything but a hypochondriac.

I was on incapacity for 10yrs but was taken off just over a yr ago. I did appeal but the trauma of being turned inside out by a Dr who didn't even know me was humiliating to say the least. He questioned me for an hour with quick fire questions after making me sit in a waiting room for 3 hrs.

I came home depressed, exhausted and degraded.

Result was: appeal refused . He totally wrote down the opposite of what I was saying making out I was perfectly fit.

I worked as a carer until 2003 when I suffered an aneurysm and had to have an 8 hr op which saved my life. I now have various other problems which have affected my quality of life even more, so how can they say I don't merit the benefit when I'm worse now than 10 yrs ago???

It's a very uncaring world we live in that can reduce a decent person to tears.

Hence the BOO HOO,

Thanks for listening all πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ’‹β€πŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ’‹β€πŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ’‹β€πŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ’‹β€πŸ‘¨πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ’‹β€πŸ‘¨

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I would report doctor that is no way to treat anyone!!! You have every right to see a different doctor! Cry all you want then pick yourself up and get mad! I am so sorry you have to go through this its just not right! Vent away we will listen some may be able to give you advice I can't. Living in states well it seems to work a little different here! Hugs

  • Awe thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me. Didn't know u were so far away. Appreciate it πŸ˜€

  • We care, and I agree you have the right to report this Dr and appeal the decision when you feel able to xxx

  • Thank you x

  • Pls look for another doc and reapply for ESA. There is no way you shouldhave been refushed. Make an appointment with CAB and they will help you fill in the form also apply for PIP aswell. Find all the help you can, the CAB can help you with this.

    Hope this help,

    Lots of soft hugs :) xxxxxxx

  • Excuse my ignorance but Who or what is CAB. I originally had assistance with my form by a girl from the social work dep. but even at that it made no difference. You would think nowadays your Drs report would be enough. Thanks a bunch πŸ’πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ·

  • Jan

    Sorry you have been so badly treated. You really should apply again I am sure sometimes they turn people down as some sort of test in the hope that people will just go away and not bother to appeal the decision or reapply.

    CAB is the Citzens Advice Bureau Jan there is normally a branch in most larger towns and they can fill out forms etc for you. Alot of them are quite expert at it as they know exactly how to describe your difficulties so it will fit in with the descriptiors on the ESA and PIP forms.x

  • Thanks I should have known that. My brain is in slow motion today. I'm always advising other to go to CAB so maybe I will take your advice on that. Regards Jan πŸ˜€

  • I am so genuinely and sincerely sorry to read that, and I agree completely with your other responders, and please find yourself a better doctor. I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself.

    All my hopes and dreams for you

    Ken x

You may also like...