I have recently been awarded low rate mobility by the DLA. They literally made the decision within 3 days of my claim, and based it on the fact that due to anxiety and depressions I need supervision when walking in unfamiliar places. They totally ignored the fact that my main diagnosis is Fibro (although the anx & Dep is also true). I wrote to appeal the decision and they replied to say they were re-looking at my claim. They have asked for doctors report (which I have seen and is very supportive). Now they phoned today to say they are sending an ATOS Dr. on Friday morning. I told them it was too short notice. I feel too ill to go through all this. If I stop my appeal will they take away the current award, or can they not do that if I stop the appeal. What would any of you do? I am so undecided as I know I am entitled to this, but it is making me even more ill thinking about it.
p.s. am new to here so if have brolen protocols by posting such long question I apologise.