Fibro and Your Diet

Hello everyone

How are you all?

I've written a little blog about some drastic changed being made to my diet, and how fibro has affected my diet and eating habits.

karenlawrie.wordpress.com/2...

How have your eating habits and diet changed since becoming ill, are you still able to prepare your own meals on a regular basis? Do you get help from an outside company?

Wishing you all lots of wellness ready for the weekend.

Karen xx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi smartcarkaz

Thank you so much for your insightful and interesting blog. I hope that the ready meals are tasty and look appetising? I have found the need to amend my diet with the onset of Fibro, and I was already diagnosed with Lactose intolerance prior to my Fibro diagnosis.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• Thanks Ken.

What else have you had to change apart from going lactose free?

Karen xx

• I have now been told (after multiple testing) that I am allergic to soya, red fruits, bananas, latex and saccharin. As a result of my asthma and COPD I am also allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen.

I had a spell of not eating gluten and felt much better for it but I am a sucker for bread but only from a local craft bakery as I cannot risk having soya flour.

Take care my friend

Ken x x

• I hardly ever eat...:'( I've read up on things to avoid with fibromyalgia (nightshade plants) and avoid these, I no longer drink alcohol or sugar free drinks or eat bread, I don't often prepare meals for myself but have my 3 grandchildren and son over every Wed and cook for them all!...:-D :-D most of the time I just don't feel hungry and survive on a couple of bananas or a slice of cake! I have found that I enjoy sweeter things now and crave chocolate, but limit myself with it!! I do drink gallons of tea....=-O =-O I have lost just over 2 and a half stones in 7 months and feel/look better for it!(I was overweight) ...much love...ninja...xxx

• Wow how do you survive on so little most of the week. I get grumpy if I don't know where my next meal is! xx

You may also like...