Heating allowance

Heating allowance

Hi there , I'm a sine parent on income based ESA ( for last 8 months) I'm now in a group support ( whatever that means ) I have worked hard to provide for my children . I own my own home . Does anyone know if I can get help with heating as the cold exaggerates my pain and stiffness ? ... In the past I've snuggled under quilts with my child but don't think that will be enough this winter ?? Can any of you lucky people advise xx

8 Replies

  • Thank you . I will get onto it Tuesday . Thank you for taking the time to reply x

  • Hi Deborahbee and welcome to our lovely forum :-)

    I think bluebell has given you good advice, but if you go and take a look at our mother site fibroaction.org you will probably find some more relevant information there, together with very good info on fibromyalgia in general.

    I really hope that you manage to get something to help with your problem, I receive benefits and get a derisory £10 "Winter Fuel Payment" each year, but you may well be able to get more. I am blessed to have a woodburner which heats my tiny cottage really nicely.

    Just one final thought, there are charities you can apply to for financial assistance and I think those also will be found on the fibroaction site.

    Foggy x

  • Thank you ... I would love a wood burner lol !

  • Hi sorry to hear you are struggling with energy bills. Like you I find now that I feel the cold much more than I used to and that if I do get cold it makes the pain and stiffness much worse. Look on the Turn2us webpage Getting Help With Heating Costs page and they give you a wealth of advice and contacts. Hope that you can get some helpx

  • Thanx

  • Hi Deborabee

    I sincerely hope that you are feeling well today? I am so sorry to read that the cold does not agree with your Fibro, and I genuinely hope that you can find the answers that you have been looking for?

    I have pasted you three links below pertaining to the winter fuel allowance and how it works, and I sincerely hope that you find them useful:




    I want to wish you all the best of luck and I genuinely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to this issue.

    All my hopes and dreams for you

    Ken x

  • Thank you Ken

  • Yes Deb!! The Warm Home Discount scheme is run by most energy providers and because you're on income based ESA you will probably qualify. All you need to do is contact your supplier either by phone or online and they will be able to sort it for you! I've received it now for the past 2 years and it really is a great help!! Good luck!! X

You may also like...