Hint Of Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Last night i went yet again to out of hours GP, but this time saw a caring and friendly GP who actually took time to ask what i felt was wrong, what was the result of me being in pain, what i could and couldn't do because of the pain, and properly fully examined me.

Turned out i had a slight fever (37.8) and a solid lower stomach (below belly button), she instantly jumped onto the phone after examining me and sent me to the Gynae docs. The consultant i saw there was an absolute diamond, he sat and talked to me about every possible angle and symptoms and what i felt the problem may be.... and FINALLY a Gynae doc agreed with Endometriosis (rather than the "chronic pelvic pain that i was diagnosed with).

He said that i need to change my contraception to the Mirena coil so that the bleeding should stop and that should hopefully ease the pain to a more controllable level... If that doesn't work then its off to the GP for a referrall to Gynae to get on the list for a laparoscopy. After he told me all this, he gave me a massive amount of painkillers (tramodol x 2 500mg tablets, 2 paracetamol, and one diclofenac, as well as something to slow bleeding down) which helped take a major amount of the pain away, he arranged for a scan to be done tomorrow (monday) and he also offered to keep me in overnight if i felt i needed to, if i still couldn't cope with the pain after all the meds had kicked in.

So i shall let you all know how the scan goes, but it looks like something is finally being done after all these years and a doctor finally has listened to me and helped me!

Thanks everyone on here for all your advice over the last couple blogs and support.

xx

*hugs*

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am so glad to hear that you're being taken seriously and getting proper treatment. I really hope that this works well for you. Good luck!

• I'm glad this is being sorted out for you , its sounded so worrying xx

• Its great news these doctors have taken on board your symptoms finally. I had the mirena but it sadly wasn't for me and I had it removed after 12 weeks, then had a laparoscopy with diathermy as it was confirmed I have grade 3 endometriosis. I so hope the coil works for you. On another note don't be shocked if nothing shows on your scan. Endo frequently can't be seen, it doesn't mean you dont have it.

• Great news Omorose! How refreshing to read a positive outcome to your visit to both OOH and then hospital. Sounds like you found a real gem of a doctor on duty who has discussed a thorough treatment plan with you. Hope all goes well for you and let us know how things progress.

Take care

• So glad to hear that you not only sorted out the immediate problem, but have a plan in place.

Let us know what happens at the scan - when I was diagnosed, the GP thought the lump in my stomach was a 4-5 month pregnancy but it turned out to be a cyst the size of a large grapefrut! but as has been said, don't be discouraged if they don't see anything, it doesn't mean there's nothing there

The journey starts here - good luck :)

C xxx

• Aww just read this after posting in your previous blog, glad you got sorted out and know whats happening now, hope your scan goes ok :-)

• that good to hear and hope the scan goes well and let us know what the outcome... :)

• Am really pleased for you, yes a glimmer of light. I also agree dont be disappointed if nothing shows on the scan, mine only showed because they couldn't see my overies which told them they were stuck to my pelvis, a sure sign of endo. Good luck x

You may also like...