Turns out suspected chocolate cyst removed yesterday is not chocolate cyst...what can it be?

Large 'chocolate cyst' found 5 weeks ago through internal sonogram and MRI to confirm. Cyst is now being tested, but I've to wait a week on results. Obviously doctors cannot guarantee what type of cyst it is before surgery but I now have no idea what it could be? Any suggestions? Sadly my ovary was removed ...

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There are several types of ovarian cyst. And endometrioma or chocolate cyst is just one of them and is the one associated with endo specifically.

nhs.uk/Conditions/Ovarian-c...

is the NHS website describing the assorted types of cyst.

I lost my left ovary with a cyst - and thank god its not there any more. I have not had any grumbles or pain on that side in 3 years. It's been fab to have one side free of pain.

Still got problems on the other side - but I don't miss the more troublesome ovary at all.

• Thank you for your reply. I'm feeling much better 1 week post surgery. A lot more positive too! Hopefully my other ovary can remain cyst free long enough for me to have kids.

• Hi I hope you are ok? What were your test results? I have the same cyst and a cystedomea and they are being removed Saturday. I'm just worried the scan was wrong. Cysts I can deal with, something more sinister I can't. Thanks

You may also like...