I have gone through lab tests three months after first diagnosis of T2DM in late Nov'19. Results are mentioned below with earlier results in brackets and reference ideal values.
- HbA1c: 5.7 % [ 16.1 %] # Ref. non-diabetic < 5.7%
- FBS: 100 mg/dL [266 mg/dL] # Ref. non-diabetic < 100 mg/dL
- PPBS: 89 mg/dL [333 mg/dL] # Ref. non-diabetic < 126 mg/dL
- Lipid Profile
Total cholestrol: 225 mg/dL [190 mg/dL] # Ref. < 200 mg/dL <-- high
Triglyceride: 130 mg/dL [105 mg/dL] # Ref. < 150 mg/dL
HDL: 49 mg/dL [47 mg/dL] # Ref. 40-60 mg/dL
LDL: 161 mg/dL [122 mg/dL] # Ref. < 130 mg/dL <-- high
VLDL: 26 mg/dL [21 mg/dL] # Ref. < 30 mg/dL
- SGOT - 30 U/L [27 U/L] # Ref. 15-37 units
- SGPT - 22 U/L [22 U/L] # Ref. 25-65 units
- Na/K/Cl: 139/4.2 mmol/L [ 137/4.1 mmol/L]
- UC Microalbumin ratio - 40 mcg/dL # Ref. < 30 mcg/dL <-- high
- Creatinine - 1.07 mg/dL [0.81 mg/dL] # Ref. 0.5 - 1.3 mg/dL
BMI - 22.3 [ 21.1 ]
I have been taken off Metformin after 12 weeks, no more diabetic medications . Only physical exercise with same 2200 KCal diabetic diet. Everything else is okay except for LDL cholestrol and UC Microalbumin ratio. I have been prescribed Rozavel 10 mg (rosuvastatin) once daily to reduce it. Need some help regarding
1. Starting statin to reduce LDL is okay or can i do this in other ways? Also what can cause this increment in LDL?
2. Microalbumin ratio is higher, how to reduce it in healthy way?
3. How does other results look? Anything i should change to supplement without medication blood sugar control?
As always all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks folks for being the amazing change so far you have been.