HbA1c,Average blood glucose

Hi Mr.anup,

you had claimed that your BS Levels for last 5yrs are non diabetic levels what are they it is for my knowledge .

Recently i got a blood test at THYROCARE. The report is .

HbA1c 5.9 as per report it is normal &Average blood glucose 123 a good control please comment .

Creatinine -serum 1.23 high ,Uric acid 8.44 high .

Total cholesterol 175 normal ,HDL 29 low,Tryglycerides 277 high ,VLDL 55.38 high .

Vitamin B12 1457 high ,Vitamin D 12.9 low.

Please guide and comment on my diabetic health .

Thanks and regards

Ramesh Rao

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your triglyceride levels are too high. What were previous lipid test results?

What are your daily meals? which medicines do you take?

High B12 levels could be result of some other disease. Re-test B12 level.

• Hi rameshrao,

(1) You can check my last four A1C on my profile:

healthunlocked.com/anup

I mostly maintain my 2 Hr PPBS below 140 for most of the time and FBS in the 90's, though I focus more on PPBS. Normally it is in the 130's by meter.

I love to hit below 5.7/5.6 for A1C, because 5.7 to 6.4 are pre-diabetic levels (though in my definition pre-diabetic = diabetic). I would be elated if I can consistently maintain around 5.3 max.

(2) High B12 is not a good sign. Not to scare you, some sort of cancer, liver disease etc can cause elevated B12. So, discuss this with your doctor in all seriousness.

(3) High Creatnine (Thyrocare limits are stricter) is also not good. Per thyrocare limits, it ought to be below 1.0.

(4) High TG is worse marker from cardiac/insulin resistance point of view. Carbs elevate TG the most, unless of course you are losing weight or it's genetic.

(5) Add Vit D supplement to push the levels to 30+

(6) Drink lot of water with lemon cut down fructose and purine food consumption for Uric acid.

• Dear Mr. Anup,

What is Jusprin 81 used for?

• Jusprin 81 is baby aspirin (81 mg). Small dosage of aspirin may prevent heart attack, stroke etc.

The disadvantage of taking aspirin is that it may cause internal or external bleeding. The clotting time is delayed. (Contraindication: peptic ulcer, hemorrhagic stroke, external wounds etc)

• Thank you Mr. Nair for the reply.

• Thanks Mr Anup for guidance .

Ramesh Rao

• Hi Mr.Anup,

I forgot to mention that on 24-09-15 FBS 98 and PPS 189 0n 26-09 consulted a diabetic Doctor & discussed Fbs ,pps levels he said HbA1c is good so not to bother of bs levels.also discussed about high B12. he said nothing to worry .

please guide . I have totally avoided sugar .

Ramesh Rao

• Diabetes is not just about avoiding sugar. Diabetes is about minimizing CARBOHYDRATE intake as all digestible carbohydrate converts to sugar.

• High triglycerides may be a risk factor for pancreatitis.

Avoid consumption of alcohol and foods that contain prurine.

Sources:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigl...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uric_...

• Triglycerides are kicked up more by CARBS, besides alcohol.

• Thanks Mr Nair I don't take any alcohol . what is the meaning of Purin source & Statin. .

Ramesh Rao

• Purines are natural substances found in all of the body's cells, and in virtually all foods. The reason for their widespread occurrence is simple: purines provide part of the chemical structure of our genes and the genes of plants and animals. A relatively small number of foods, however, contain concentrated amounts of purines. For the most part, these high-purine foods are also high-protein foods, and they include organ meats like kidney, fish like mackerel, herring, sardines and mussels, and also yeast.

Purines are metabolized into uric acid.

Sources:--

google.co.in/search?sclient...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purine

• Statins (or HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors) are a class of cholesterol lowering drugs that inhibit the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase which plays a central role in the production of cholesterol.

Source:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statin

You may also like...