Starting to get used to 25 minute runs... W6R3 + W7R1!

I think I found W6R3 much easier than W7R1 because of the adrenaline. I sort of expected the run to be hard, so I had kind of prepared myself for it. But with W7R1, I had already done the 25 minutes, so it seemed a lot harder. Not sure if that made sense at all but oh well! ;)

I can't believe how far I have come! It really is down to you guys, motivating me and supporting me and advising me, so thank you. I can't believe I am so near the end now! I remember writing my first blog, rambling on about W3R1 and saying that I was proud of myself for running 3 minutes. Only 4 weeks later, and that 3 has turned into 25. Wowee!

Just out of interest, is anyone else doing the race for life 5k run?

Sorry for the sentimental blog today, I was in that kind of mood haha

~ Olivia

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ahhh well done you!

I'm literally just about to go out for W7R1 and I'm feeling the same as you, I'm sure I'm going to struggle more because I know I can do it, I'm worried about skewing my pace and having to walk.

This programme is amazing, I can't believe we're running for 25 minutes when we couldn't manage more than 5 just a few weeks ago! (I genuinely didn't think I'd get past week 1!)

I'm doing the Race for Life in mid-June. When's yours? Hoping to manage a slow but steady 5k, not expecting miracles though!

• I'm not sure whether to do the mid june one, or mid august? Hmm.. what do you think? If it's mid june I will be doing the 5x50 challenge (too late I know, I'm just doing it for myself haha) and mid-august I will be near the end of B210K according to my plans, so probs better to do the mid june one.

Ok I guess mine is the same time as yours aha! I will book onto it asap!

• Oh and good luck for your 5K :) remember its not the time that matters, its just getting through the 5K! (although, lets not lie, a good time would be nice haha!)

• Thanks! This being my first 5k I'll be happy to just get through it but if I do any others I know I'll want a better finish time!

Have you booked yours? Good luck!!!

• Well done! I found the Week 7 Run 2 much tougher, but I took an additional day's rest before Run 3 - that really helped. If you feel Run 2is difficult, feel free to take an additional day off. Go for it!

• Thanks for the advice! It seems it is much more a mental challenge than physical, but I'll see how I feel :)

• I did W7R1 yesterday and deliberately changed my route to avoid worrying about my timings and milestones. I think I've gone passed missing the walks now, I start running and I'm happy plodding along. I don't think I'll every achieve great speeds but I'm keen up try greater distances so have looked into the B210k.

Without this community I think I may have lost interest/ motivation early on. Learning from other runners (yes we are all runners) and the support has been invaluable.

No race for life for me, but I'm planning a park run as my graduation run.

Good luck with the rest.

• Once I graduate I'm looking to improve the speed of my 5K and then do B210K, but of course we all want different things!

That's a really good idea to do the park run as your grad run, I might do that as well haha! Thanks!

• It's great that you're doing well with the 25 minutes - not long now until you'll be graduating! I'm signed up for Race For Life - I've decided to treat myself and do the Hyde Park one on 14th July - eeek! I will go and do a Parkrun before then to get the idea of running with other people, as normally I am a solitary runner. All the best - keep blogging to let us know how it's going for you :)

• I know, I can't believe how quick the last 7 weeks have gone!

Ooo good idea, I will do that as well, to get an idea of running around other people (to be honest I don't think I will like it haha).

Thanks for your support :)

You may also like...