W4 R2 and Laura's stopwatch broke...oh no, wait I ran the wrong week!

So tonight was W4R2..or so I thought. I actually wasn't in the mood to run tonight as my daughter kept me awake half the night but my sister came to run with me so I had no excuses. Laura was doing her usual talking at the beginning but as it was just the warm up I was busy chatting to my sister and not really listening properly ( sorry Laura!)

I set off on the first run which felt ok but I started to wonder where was Laura's halfway prompt? Had her stopwatch broken or had she ducked out for a quick cup of tea and forgotten poor old me? Eventually she spoke and I thought I must just be finding it hard. Then she told me I had 60 seconds left which didnt seem to add up. Finally it was over and Laura said "well done, only 2 runs left" and that's when I realised that I'd jumped ahead to W5 R1!! It seemed too much hassle to try and get on to the other podcast and get to the right place so I thought I'd stick with it and I managed it! 3 x 5 minute runs. I was so happy and actually starting to believe I can move up to the longer runs now :-)

So now I'm thinking it's not worth going backwards. As I was supposed to have 1 more run of week 4 I thought I could just do this one again and then do it once more as the official W5 R1 if that makes sense?

Any thoughts/advice gratefully received.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done :-)

W4 being 3-5-3-5 mins running, it's not that different to 5+5+5.

You could just push on with week 5, but DO repeat run1 before attacking run2 and the infamous run3.

• should be ok if you repeat and go carefully. I had got to the same as you on friday but after week 5 run 1 have apparently an ankle/tendon problem even though I was running slowly (iamgining the hedge!!)- need to pace myself better so resting and just walking this week- bit of a bummer I hope I can get back to c25k as I was enjoying it even though it was hard - I think the week 2 advice on foot position was WRONG and am miffed. keep posting, Run2go

• Thanks guys. As you say Con, total running time is actually a minute less so I think it should be ok.

Run2go - poor you re injury. Must be gutting. I have to say I've not even thought about injuries as I think subconsciously I thought they only happened to "serious runners" ! But I guess us beginners should be even more careful as we're putting new demands on our body. Don't get too down - we're all rooting for you to get back but just take your time.

• Thanks guys. As you say Con, total running time is actually a minute less so I think it should be ok.

Run2go - poor you re injury. Must be gutting. I have to say I've not even thought about injuries as I think subconsciously I thought they only happened to "serious runners" ! But I guess us beginners should be even more careful as we're putting new demands on our body. Don't get too down - we're all rooting for you to get back but just take your time.

• christ alive!! what an achievement - planned or not!! well done you!

my body wouldve told me if Id done a second more than planned so you must be really progressing :-)

ali :-)

• Thanks Ali :-)

I guess it shows that so much of it is psychological as I believed I was running for 3 minutes so managed it. I might do that with the dreaded W5 R3 - tell myself that it's 'only' 10 minutes!!

• We are at the same stage now then, I did wk5r1 tonight. I still find it hard to believe that I can run for 5 minutes non stop them do it 2 more times! I like your plan for the third run of this week!

You may also like...