C25K - DONE!!!

Unbelievably, I managed to complete c25k this evening - and what a run.

Two thirds of the way round the heavens opened and I thus finished looking like a drowned rat! But hey, we never said it was glamourous, did we?

I am chuffed to bits with myself and also very grateful to a) my wonderfully supportive husband who has run with me most of the way (though the farming has gotten in the way this last few weeks) and b) to you lovely folk who have helped to keep me going and laughing in the process (plus can't forget Laura!)

I still can't really believe I've done it - such a long way since December 30th, when I struggled to run for a minute.

Badge ordered and now, to keep the momentum going, I have signed up for Race for Life in June, so no excuses!

Keep running :) x

31 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done, bet it feels fantastic :-)

• Thank you - and yes, it really does :)

• Well done i cant wait to be in your shoes bot i still have a way to go x

• Thank you! Don't worry, you'll get there too :)

• I finished the programme tonight aswell! It's a great sense of achievement! Well done you!!

• Thanks newrunneram - huge congrats to you too!

• Well done. Doesn't it feel brilliant when you finish the last run of the programme and the first run as a graduate.

• Thanks PeaBea. Last run felt great, yet to find out about first run post graduation!

• Fantastic! Well done!

• Thanks Stega! What a feeling!

• There'll be a bounce in your step tomorrow. Well done.

• Thanks con-brio, there certainly will be!

• Congratulations!!! It's such an achievement isn't it? Can't wait to see the badge :)

• Thanks Khrissy - I can't wait to see it either!

• Well done - inspiration for us all :-)

• Congratulations! :D

• Thank you!

• Fantastic! Lots of congratulations! xx

• Thanks for the support!

• Thats fantastic news well done. We started running about the same time unfortunately I'm not achieving like you. I haven't given up but I'm finding it sooo hard about to start week 4 but to be honest think i will be repeating week 3 yet again i get so breathless can't see me running 5mins yet. Dont think the hills help where I live :-(

Once again congratulations will use you as my inspiration

• Do not despair Luvleeju - slow and steady wins, ok! As long as you are still getting out there and running, then you are progressing :)

Thanks for the support - I can't really believe it to be honest! x

• Well done and keep going!

• Thanks marpick - full of good intentions so far!

• Congratulations on graduating - partaaay! It's a great achievement, isn't it? Also, it's nice to hear that someone else has entered RFL - yours is earlier than mine, though, so I have more time to practice :D

• Thanks Anniemurph - it's a good thing we're doing (keep saying it!)

• Brilliant news. Your posts have spurred others on, so nice to see you have beat the gremlins and got your just reward. Congratulations once more x

• Thank you - former graduates spurred me on; it's such a help isn't it? x

• Wahey! Well done - you won't forget that run, then!

Race for Life is a great event to be a part of - it will be interesting to see whether it feels different running it (I've walked it twice before, but this will be my first run). I think it's rather good that it's a fair way off from graduation - hopefully it'll give us time to get used to running on a regular basis, and not just go back to our old lazy ways! :)

• Thanks for the support greenlegs - will be strange running with all those people! :)

• Congratulations ajf10 really well done, a long journey but you have done it ... impressed you have your grad badge so quickly too :)

I'm right behind you ...hope to graduate tonight (once dark!)

• Good luck tonight amsjo - looking forward to reading your graduation blog and to seeing that badge of course ;)

You may also like...