An hour to go before I leave for my 10k race - very nervous

I don't know why I am nervous, I know I can run 10k but it's my first proper race (bar Parkruns).

I don't really have a set time I want to finish (just want to get over the finish line) but would like to be under 1hr 15 mins which I think is easily achievable. I have printed out split times and strapped them to my Garmin more because I don't want to go off too fast easily done with other runners around.

I think I have everything, glucose tablets, headphones, tissues, Garmin, safety pins etc.

Still have a bit of a dodgy ankle but hoping it will hold out for the duration of the race and I have a nice blue ankle support to nurse it along.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hope you enjoyed the race!! Bet it felt good at the finish line, do give us a report back... if its like here the sun has finally emerged!! :)

• If you are reading this before the race good luck! If afterwards, whatever happened, you put yourself out there and had a go, so well done.

• Good luck!

• Good luck and hope you enjoy it!

:)

• Enjoy! Looking forward to reading all about it :)

• Good luck!! I'm sure it'll be great and report back when you've finished! :D

• Hope you did well :-)

• Hope all went well & you enjoyed yourself! :)

• hope you had a good race. X

• Have done another blog with race result see Couch to 5k+ Blogs

You may also like...