Graduated!

So final run of the whole C25k programme done - I have ran every other day for the whole programme without fail, regardless of the grim weather so feel quite smug barry with myself!

So for my graduation I ran my old route to the reservoir and back, which starts the run section with a steep down hill, and of course therefore ends with a steep up hill (150ft).

I used to run/walk this route quite a bit when I started the programme but got a bit bored with it so hadn't done it for a few weeks.

The whole run felt good and I wasn't too out of breathe and felt like I was running quite fast but it was okay, in fact almost felt nice in some bits - until the final push for the hill.... my whole body seemed to be shouting NO!!!!

I slowed up soooo much - I actually think I had convinced myself that I had gone out too fast and wasn't going to make it but in reality my legs did feel fine - a bit heavy on the lungs, but it wasn't as bad as I convinced myself...

I genuinely think I ran slower than I could have walked for a bit and was wheezing and moaning at hubbie... 'I'm going to walk, I can't go on, Just leave me for dead- you'll make it without me!!' (You get the picture, if I had moaned less and ran more it would have been easier!!)......

But it flattened out and I managed to oik together a final bit of energy to push a tiny bit more for the end.... so (although I said I wasn't going to clock it - I did) I managed 4.93KM... a tiny bit further than last run (4.86km).

Teeny bit disappointed to have not managed a true 'Couch to 5km' BUT at least I still have a goal and I'm so close... damn hill!!!

So thats it now... on to my own 5km to 10km training plan (by May 11th).. with a view to nailing a good 5km time too by April (when I am planning a parkrun)

I'll still be updating you guys on here though.. whether you like/read it or not! :-)

32 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations and very well done :-)

• Thank you Khrissy! :-D

• Congratulations Lynds and welcome to the Grad Club!! :) Those hills are a pain in the a*** but you did it!! Enjoy your celebrations!

Sue

• Thanks Sue, usually I don't mind the hills to much but just had a mental block with that little rascal last night!

• Congratulations! :-) Very well done on sticking with the program!!! I see a very bright 10K in your future!!!! Enjoy that badge!!!! :-) Gayle

• Thanks Gayle! I'm hoping that I stick with it - I do like a process (work in HR!) so the c25k really worked for me...

• Snap! Another HR lady here so know exactly what you mean! ;)

• :-D

• Congratulations on making it all the way through that final run. Happy to hear your hubby didn't leave you for dead somewhere along the trail . :)

• Haha, I think he might have quite liked too... he was very pleased the c25k is over- untill I told him we were now in training for 10km. He hates running and much prefers cycling... (between pubs usually!)

• Well done - it's an amazing feeling isn't it. That little green badge is going to look mighty fine on your blogs :-)

• I have applied already! :-)

• Fantastic - well done on graduating, and in such a good time too! Now go get that badge :)

• Thank you. :-) I'm very chuffed with self!

• Woohoo!

• :-D :-D My thoughts exactly!

• Well done you x

• Thank you... still grinning today. Riding the high for as long as possible! Not looking forward to first 'speed' session tomorrow.

• Well done! I'm particularly impressed that you can manage an uphill at the end of your run. I've always made sure I get the main uphill bits over and done with so that there's more downhill after them. It does limit my routes, so I know at some point I'll have to get over it, but I'm too chicken for now. *takes hat off in admiration* :)

• Unfortunately Rainbow I live at the top of a hill, so its ALWAYS down hill on the way out and up hill on the way home, which ever direction I run in! Maybe I should drive somewhere flat.... :-D

• I live in a very hilly place , so if I go down I've always got to come back up x

• Congratulations, Lynds. Happy running as your move onwards and upwards to 10K! :-)

• Thank you Swanscot! :-)

• Well done and good luck with your 10k! Happy days

;)

• Look at that lovely green badge! Ta da! :)

• yea!!! :0)

• Congratulations Lynds.

• Thank you!

• Well done Lynds and good luck with the 10k :-)

• well done - enjoy the moment!!

• congrats - I always manipulate my runs so the final hill hits the five minute warm down walk so total respect to you for running it

• Ahh thanks. It was horrid, but I've ran up it quite well lots of times before - I think I had just convinced myself I couldn't before I even got there on this run!

You may also like...