W2R2

Well Second run of week two and it went by with only one hitch.

I actually listened to Laura and tried the breathing thing, you know

Four in four out and that stuff. Well I went thorough a couple of cycles of

This and realised I couldn't breath deeply enough! Not sure that comes across

Correctly but I could not suck the air in deep enough to satisfy my huge capacity.

I really mean I was gasping like a carthorse, I quickly reverted back to sniffing the good stuff

And within a couple of cycles I was ok, I guess it is horses for courses at the moment, maybe later, I will try and look at the technical side of running, oh listen to me….lol.

Main thing is run 2 done and dusted and no bit’s fallen off.

All the best

Dale

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you hunt around a bit on here, you'll find a lot of people that tried the breathing thing and decided in the end to do their own thing. (I didn't even try it, but I'm a bit rebellious like that.) So glad that no bits have fallen off.

• Ha ha I was the same I only managed 3 in but 4 out. That's what I stick to at the mo, it is currently taking me between 46 and 50 breathing cycles to do a 90 second run (I know you will be incredibly interested by that piece of information!)

• Actually just read your post again, sounds like you are having the opposite problem to me, my lung capacity is more Shetland pony than cart horse :-)

• I ignored Laura when she said that. She may well be right but at that stage, i was happy just to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I'd also ignore the bit about heel striking if I were you.

• I found breathing really difficult and have only just managed to get a good rhythm I breath in for two hold my breath for one second then blow the air out. A running coach recommends this pattern to me and so far it seems to be working. Though I do sound like a steam train:-) good luck on your future runs

• I think I'd conk out if I held my breath! It's bad enough when I have to cough or smile! I wonder what the rational is behind that??

You may also like...