4:50 am. Woke up. Back hurt, knee grumbling. The gremlins in my head say: "Stay in bed. It was hard on Sunday, it'll be harder today. You'll hurt yourself. WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!". Tempted to stay put.
5:45 - out of the door. Wave to the dog walker - she gives me the biggest smile ever. Could run for a million miles after that.
5:46 - realise shorts are on inside out!!! Walk of shame back home to repair the wardrobe malfunction. I can never meet the dog walker again for the rest of my life!
- "Go in the forest, go in the forest, it'll be great." Whoa, been there on W1R1 and it really didn't work. Go anyway.
- Joy of joys, I've found a long, straight, flat path in the forest. I can measure the 90 seconds to a fixed point. Game changer.
- Complete all six runs. Not easy but better than W2R1. Finding the path means that I'm looking forward to Thursday!
- Costa Rica 3 - Urugay 1. Both Urugay and England have to win next games to stand a chance of getting out of the group stage. Run Thursday morning, game starts at 8 pm. Sturridge v Suarez! Looks like Thursday will be a good day.
- Wife out on Thursday to give a flower arranging demonstration. House to myself for a few hours as well. Much as she's the light of my life....I have the house to myself while the match is on!!
- Giving up alcohol was one of the best decisions I've made. Don't think I could do this the morning after beer or wine.
- Not looking to put off being happy but I'll be a lot more comfortable when I can run a fair distance / time without feeling that the Grim Reaper is eyeing me up. If there's such a thing as a typical process, when does that happen?
- Big thanks to JuicyJu: "Push that body" really came in useful this morning!