Hello All!!

Hello, everyone!!

I am a newbie, so I think I'll introduce myself :) I go by the name of N and I am 22 years old. I've always wanted to become a runner and thought 2013 should be the year to take the plunge.

I have also always been overweight, but in the last year I have lost over three stones and am finally happy with my weight. I'm running so I can become FIT and HEALTHY, more than to lose the weight really - but I'm getting married towards the end of February so am hoping to lose those last few pounds. Yes, I realise it's nine week course, but like I said I want to become healthy. The wedding is just an extra motivator, not the be all end all :) Hopefully I'll progress onto 10k within the first half of the year.

This community feels very welcoming and supportive, so I feel like blogging about my run here will help me focus and keep my on track.

Thanks for reading!

N

Oh, and my first run is tomorrow - cannot wait!

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • WELCOME N!!!!!! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and the weight loss!!!! I'm from the States, so I'm not sure what 3 stones would be? 30 pounds? Wishing you a very successful first run!!!! Gayle

• Hello Gayle! I think 3stones is about 40lbs and thanks for the well wishes, I'm sure I'll do fine with this lovely community as motivation :)

• 14 pounds in a stone, so an even more impressive 42 pounds (or "lbs" as we know them).

Well done N and happy running !

• Thank you Wybrook :)

• THANK YOU Wybrook! :-)

• Welcome N and starting C25K means you will probably be running down the aisle. Good luck with you first run and remember speed is not the aim.

• Thank you for the advice PeaBea, I will be sure to keep it in mind :)

• Welcome welcome welcome!!! Good luck with your first run- look forward to reading about your progress :)

• Thank you for the lovely welcome!! Your little graduate badge is making me envious haha!! :)

You may also like...