It has come round very quickly

This time tomorrow I will probably have about 1.5-2km to go before I finish my first 10k race. Starting to get a little nervous but also a bit excited too. Can't believe it has come round so quickly as don't feel ready for it. Have accepted that I will have to a foot a run/walk/run strategy but at least I will have a new PB and something to beat next year. Get me already planning for next year!!!!!!

Whilst volunteering at one of my local park runs today I met a number of others who will be running or marshalling to or row. The marshals have promised to cheer me on!

Will pop back tomorrow and let you know how I get :)

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have a great time Ali.

Best of luck.

• Good luck Ali.

I found myself searching for 10k's near me for next spring, then I realised what I was doing so had a cup of tea to calm myself down! 5K is definately my limit at the minute ~ lol

• You have plenty of time to get up to 10k before next spring. Do it, go on!!!!

• Good luck Ali; I will be thinking of you tomorrow and cheering you on (virtually).

Lots of runners did run/walk/run and especially walked up the inclines...it seemed to be a good strategy, as most ended up with a faster time than me!

• Good Luck, You can do it.

• We're all with you Ali! You go girl! Tear it up, as they say! Hope it goes well for you, can't wait to hear how you get on!

• Good luck Ali. looking forward to hearing how you did :)

• All the best Ali, just stay relaxed and you will be fine. Good luck and enjoy :)

• Good running, Ali. I bet you'll have a blast. Hope you've better weather than here. I'm glad I'm not running a race here this weekend.

• Go for it, Ali, you can do it! Can't wait to read your blog tomorrow - good luck!

• Good luck, you will be fine! look forward to hearing all about it :-P

• Good luck Ali - you can do it. Can't wait to hear how you get on :)

• Hope it goes/went well Ali. You can do it; you know you can!

• I did it,!!!

• Excellent; well done. A respectable time? Not that it matters; just having completed it (as I knew you would) is great.

I haven't done one yet, although there is one in Sheffield not too far away from where I live. Must get on with it!

• Did it in 74 mins 6 secs. So for me faster than I have ever done before :)

• well done you, you must feel great and proud.

You may also like...