Couch to 5K
54,960 members87,502 posts

I am celebrating!!!

I started running to my own music on 14th April this year having started C25K in February.

So I have just completed 26 weeks of running for 30 minutes (and longer) 3 times a week. Not bad for a 63 year old short person, who has always hated running due to a large chest. (hereditary)

During the 26 weeks I have dropped a dress size including 3 inches off my waist, found I actually enjoy running with a decent sports bra on, feel so much better and the best of all - I have given up smoking!!

Here's to C25K. And I have downloaded the next podcasts.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic post, well done, you should be very very proud x

Congartulations and enjoy the feeling!

oldlady63, thank you for the best post I have EVER read on here! I'm actually sitting here smiling.

Keep On Running.

That is impressive and inspirational! Thanks for sharing

Great, oldlady, (your name doesn't do you justice!). Fantastic achievement, you are truly inspiring!

Well done from another oldie how r u coping with hills , I am struggling Pat

I run around the fields behind my house and have started this last week to run up the path rather than dwown it. It has put an extra couple of minutes on my time, but today was 20 seconds quicker than Thursday, so I will get there.

Great Pat

That's a great blog and very inspiring! Hope you're very proud of yourself - I know we're all very proud of you.

Thanks for all your commments. I read the questions and blogs regularly but only write occasionally.

You may also like...