AAARH- Running Reading Half Marathon Tomorrow!!

I started running with the C25k last year in May and am now on the eve of my first big run- yikes! I'm a bit nervous as I've had a bit of a chest cold thing so haven't been able to train properly over the past 2 weeks. Before that, was doing really well- did 8miles 3 weeks ago in 1hr40 which was great.

Is anyone else running it? any advice?!?

Hoping that I sleep okay tonight :-)

23 Replies

oldestnewest
  • thats fantastic Jen

wishing you lots of good luck for tomorrow

cant wait to hear how you get on :)

all the best. shelley X

• She runs she runs, good luck with your run tomorrow. You've come such a long way, practically a veteran in c25k land/terms. All the best, will be great to hear your good running news after you've crossed the finish line, wow!!!!! Go jen go

• Good luck!!!!

• O that is amazing, just seen this so sorry these good wishes are a bit late! Hope it went ok x

• Good luck! I have a friend doing the Reading Half, who also has had a bad cold funnily enough. Look out for the Latin Link Runners. And most of all ENJOY :)

• Awesome, good luck and we expect a match report.

• wow - can't believe you can run for that long! amazing!

• Hope it went well:) xx

• Thanks everyone!

Well- I managed it! It was really hard work- think that I really suffered from the break in training from the chest infection/cold. I started feeling it at 2 miles!(It was uphill to be fair) That's when I really started to worry. I started crying at mile 10- it really hurt! I ran walked it so completed it In about 3 hours but am yet to see my offical time. Just putting my feet up at the mo- hope they're not too bad tomorrow.

I ran with my other half which was really nice- we're getting married next month so seemed like a great challenge to do together.

I think my next challenge is to run a 5k in under 30mins- still never actually managed it. Might sign myself up for a 5k race later in the year to keep me motivated :)

Also- thanks to everyone who sponsored me- I ran in aid of mind

X x

• Congratulations on all fronts, i.e the running and the wedding. Well done on your run, bet your made up about your achievement, well done and enjoy a bit of rest . Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oh wow! Well done Jen!!! You're incredible :D :D :D

• Well done you xxx

• well done Jen

Its brilliant to hear that you made it, even with the distraction of your cold.

put your feet up & relax ~ you definately deserve to :)

shelley X

ps will this be the first of many :)

• Oh that is brilliant well done you on finishing x

• really well done, and hope that you are very proud of yourself!

• Thanks!

I'm so sore today- hobbling around like an old lady :)

• Fantastic stuff Jen! You are a real inspiration. :)

• Very well done Jen. That is such a long way!

You can relax now and concentrate on the wedding - how exciting!

• Well done fantastic very inspirational! :)

• Wow great achievement well done :D

• jen did you get your official time yet?

X

• 3hrs 8mins 23 seconds- offical!

legs are starting to improve today- yeah!

• official even

You may also like...