Week 7 FAIL!

Week 7 FAIL!

After having run week 6 run 3 successfully, I set out on run 1 of week 7 tonight.

My mind was ready for it but unfortunately my body let me down.

For some reason tonight I simply could not sustain it. Back ache, shin pain, wheezing etc...

I'm putting it down to various factors of having had a cold and asthma problems recently plus a couple of days on my feet at work and feeling dehydrated today too.

I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm proud that I got to 7 weeks before I had to quit on one!

I see my better runs on my days off rather than when I'm tired from work anyway.

I'm a little downhearted I must admit but I'll get over it and get on with it.

Here's to the next one. Wish me luck...

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hezzabelle - Don't be downhearted, we can all hit a wall sometime! I wish you the best of luck on your next run -- running after work is a no no for some of us, how I understand you. And what a photo ! -- who took it?

• Ha, it's not actually me. I found it online but it pretty much sums up how I felt when I quit and turned the podcast off, lol!

• No way is it a fail, it's just a run to be repeated :-)

• I know just how you feel, I have had a few runs which just haven't been good, and they have always been after work runs when I am also tired. I'm also on W7 hoping to complete R3 on Friday.. Wishing you luck, take care Jx

• Not a fail at all! A fail would be sitting on the sofa watching carp tv eating Pringles! You learn more from "bad" runs than from good, fab pic!

• Well done on reaching Week 7 without having to repeat a run - when you first read the programme, did you ever think you'd do that??!! It is no failure - as Deryn says, a fail would be not getting out there in the first place.

• Yes, that was Saturday for me, Week 7 run 1. Looking back I'd had a busy week beforehand, low-level cold symptoms and it was all just too much. Tried again on Tuesday and it was much better. Take heart!

Love the picture btw, very evocative!

• There's that four letter F word again... :-( You are a winner! Look at your overall progress! We all have good and bad runs, count this one as a learning experience. I need to chime in and add also what a cute pic!

You may also like...