Slow and steady wins the race??

Just completed W7R2. Used Endomondo to track my distance for the first time (isn't it brilliant?) As suspected, I am well off the pace for 5km/30 mins. Did 3.2 km in 25 mins. That's approx 8 mins per 1 km, rather than 6mins per 1km. Oh well - I guess I still have quite a way to go. Still, I ran for the 25 mins, and don't feel too disheartened. Am slightly worried as I have planned to do a Park Run (Bristol) 5km with my friend once we have finished the programme. Looks more likely I will have to run for 40 mins, not 30 to complete....and possible hills!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Dont fret about distance or comparatively slow speeds, many of us dont get to 5k by week 9 it is just a catchy title and an aim.

Well done on your progress :-)

• Only very few manage 5k in 30 minutes, I am running 8.5 minute k's but happy that I can keep going. So you are doing great.

• It will come-I graduated 2 months ago and have gradually upped my pace from 8 mins per k to 7.5 and yesterday for the first time 7.1. Once you finish you can try Laura' s speed podcast which I really like.....

You may also like...