WOOOO HOOOOOOO! I've done it! I need a new badge!!!!

Morning everyone xx I feel like kissing you all, I've done it! I've run 5.2k, ok, not in 30 mins but 42 mins, but I really have done it!!!!! I don't care about the time, anyone will tell you I'm not built for speed and the distance for me was always more important. I am 48 and six months ago I hadn't run since school, but now I can. It hasn't been easy, with injuries along the way, but I've taken my time and done it at my pace.

Anyone who has seen any of my blogs will know that I have lost 13 stone in the last couple of years and now I can run too. I just wanted to say the BIGGEST thank you to all of you here as you have helped me achieve my goal. Please can I have my special badge?

And for all of you just starting on your own journey don't stop because the more you run, the more you believe in yourself.

10k next??????

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations, that's so brilliant!

• Well done Debssey; big congratulations, you are an inspiration :)

• Wow Debssey, that's amazing to lose 13stone and then graduate here too - flipping 'eck, respect! Congratulations!

• Well done!! You're an inspiration to us all.

• Well done - that's a good time too :)

• Thank you everyone, couldn't have done it without you xx how do I ask for my badge??????

• use the directory- admin link at the top of the page and message JR21 for you badge. Very well done and don't forget to get a Tee-shirt :)

• You just made us all proud

• Congratulations! I am 49, unfit and into week 3...you are a total inspiration!!!!!

• You are an inspiration! Very well done!

• Great news! What an incredible change, 13 stone! The best story.

Time for some new celebratory technical shirts and running socks me thinks!

• Think you are right Greg, thank you for your support.

• Well done, really great achievement.

• I don't normally use this word, but it sums up your journey AWESOME, well done, enjoy the feeling, see you at the 10k line next :-)

• Congratulations! I echo your sentiment that the encouragement from people on here really helps, along with knowing that there are lots of others doing it at the same time. Well done!

• Truly truly wonderful, you should be very proud :-)

• Wow that's amazing. Well done!!

• Thank you everyone xxxx

• oh, that badge looks good on you debssey!

• Doesn't it just!!! I love it love it!!!

You may also like...