I've done it!!!!!

I've only gone and graduated WOO HOO! Had a little tear in my eye as I ran the last minute too. I'm so bloody proud of myself - 46 years old and haven't run since school. It's so great to have something for myself after being a full time Mum for such a long time. So my running journey now begins but to all those who don't think they can do it - YOU CAN! Right, I'm off to claim my badge!

46 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • excellent :D BIG congratulations , it is an emtional thing , that is 9 weeks of hard work and determination :D you did it no one else ,something to be really proud of and rightly so :D

• Thank you so much! Can't stop smiling!

• Great news eviepie. Many congratulations :)

• Thankyou so much!

• Fantastic... Well done you and what an amazing achievement :)

• Thankyou juicyju!

• Yay well done fellow 46-er! 5 weeks to go and I'm there xx

• Ha! Probably feel better now than when I was 36! I'll look out for you at the finishing line! Keep going youcan do it

• Congratulations! I hope you are really proud of yourself. Lots of lovely running adventures await you.

• Thankyou! I can't wait to get going!

• Well done I'm proud of you. Can't wait till I reach that point. Have a banana on me. Keep up the good work and 10K here you come. Once again well done eviepie

• You will just keep going. It goes by surprisingly fast! I'll be waiting to congratulate you!

• Cheers eviepie I will look forward to it :)

• Thats fantastic. Well done

• Aw Evie, you sound so happy ! Well done, all your hard work has paid off and here you are - A GRADUATE :-)

Hope you have lots of happy running adventures xxx

• Thankyou poppy pug! I'm seriously chuffed!

• Well done, brilliant, fantastic and all of those things! It's a great achievement isn't it.

Now hope you continue to enjoy your new journey :) xx

• Thankyou so much!

• well done and CONGRATULATIONS! from another 40 something! :)

• Thankyou for your kind words!

• Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Really well done. Keep on running!

• It is a great feeling! Looking forward to running solo now!

• That's fantastic, well done. It's a great feeling isn't it! Enjoy your running x :-)

• Thankyou!

• Hurrah! I know exactly what you mean - when you're a full time mum it's all about everyone else's achievements, isn't it? Really nice to say I DID THAT!

• It so is and i know they didn't think I'd do it. Ha proved them wrong! And they are so proud of me too!

• Me too. My son (despite refusing to give it a go himself) keeps telling me how proud he is of me. It's been a long time coming!!

• Congratulations on your graduation ! Very well done ! Now go get your shiny badge ! x

• Hooray. YOU did that !! Many congratulations.

• Hey where's that badge? Well done Evie!!! You did great!!! Fancy that, YOU ARE A RUNNER!!!!! Keep saying it to yourself while standing in front of the mirror while grinning.

Treat yourself to new togs! Graduates all get to buy themselves a shiny, new something or other, What'll it be? Do tell

• It's gotta be the trainers miss wobble! Kept putting off until I was a 'proper' runner and now I think I can say I am!

• Oh yeah!!! We love a new pair of running shoes on here. You'll have to take a photo and show us what you get. Curly posted a picture of Brooks yesterday and I know I've seen some snazzy purple asics here abouts, with some bright pink socks

• Congratulations you are a runner. The journey continues now after your graduation there is no stopping you after this magical moment. Enjoy the moment you deserve it.

• Yaaaay!!! Congratulations!!!! *enthusiastically shakes pom-poms!!!!* You did it!!!!! :)

• Never had a pom pom shake before thankyou!

• Oh well done! What next (after the purchase of new shoes)? 5k? Parkrun? C25K+ podcasts? Big hills? Orienteering? Or just the sheer joy of getting out there for half an hour a few times a week?

• I really need to work on actually doing 5k I think so will just keep doing 30 mins until it's comfortable and then increase my distance a bit. That's my plan!

• Well done. That's brilliant. It's a marvellous feeling isn't it! Xx

• Congratulations! Balloons and party poppers in the air! Happy running :D

• Congratulations young one!

• That made me chuckle! Thanks!

• Well done you! Welcome to the graduates lounge! Xx

• I love it in here! Thankyou!

• Well done!

• Congratulations! You sound so happy and excited and rightfully so. Happy running and good luck with your future running goals. :)

• I really am! I forgot what it's like to do something for me! Thankyou x

You may also like...