Just graduated - and ran 5K too!! Woo hoo!!

I'd planned my final run of c25k this morning, but knew I hadn't run 5k in the half hour - nothing like it! So today I thought I'd run the Cardiff Parkrun marked route, and see how long it took me. I did my warm-up walk without Laura, then started listening and running at the same time; that way I have her encouraging me at the end of my run, rather than telling me to slow down, when I still had 5 minutes to go! God, it's hard! It took me 35'45" (so, in the end she did tell me to slow to walk while I still had to run!) and my warm-down walk was certainly NOT very brisk - more like a crawl...but I did it!

If you're just starting out - go for it! Although I'm tired, I simply couldn't imagine being able to do this 9 weeks ago - farther than I've ever run, even as a child! (and I'm 54!)

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations!!! This programme is amazing isn't it? I graduated yesterday and after my very 1st run I never thought I would get to the end of the 9 weeks.

Brilliant time for 5k too - that's my next goal :)

• What a way to finish! Massive congratulations.

Park run is brilliant, I did my first on Sat, I'm on week 6, I didn't run the whole thing but it is a really great way of testing yourself. It's nice to run with other people too!

Enjoy your celebrations and best of luck with your next steps!

xx

• Well done on completing the programme.

I think you can register your time for a Parkrun even if it's not done on a race day. I think it's called Parkrun freedom. Remember to add you club as NHS c25k too.

• I didn't realise that was our running club! How fab!

You may also like...