Woo Hoo! I've graduated!

After yesterday's disastrous attempt I was determined to graduate today and I have!

I am so delighted because I am not a natural runner. In fact I'm not a natural at anything involving exercise and never have been. I'm also 4 stone overweight. So to have actually managed to stick at a running plan for 9 whole weeks and to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping is just plain amazing!

When you add to that the fact that I'm even enjoying it then it is nothing short of miraculous - although to be fair I can't say I've really enjoyed the last couple of runs - but I have enjoyed the high afterwards!

So to anyone starting out - you CAN do it! If I can do it then anyone can and I'm going to keep on doing it too!!

Now I need to apply for my graduate badge - Yipee! :-)

33 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done lucylocket, you must be really proud of yourself for achieving this and must have a huge smile on your face. congratulations. Hope you treat yourself to some reward. Keep up the running. :)

• Thank you - I am absolutely delighted and very very proud of myself!

• Very well done Lucylocket , great achievement! keep on running .....

• Thank you - I fully intend to keep running - I just need to find a new plan to follow :-)

• Good for you, well done :-)

• Thank you :-)

• fantastic! You and a few others are graduating on marathon day...inspiration for the future maybe? ;-)

• Oooh I hadn't made that connection! Maybe I should have watched the marathon this morning then I might have run faster this afternoon ;-)

• That's fantastic..you must be smiling from ear to ear!! I'm half way through and your success is an inspiration to me!! Thank you and congratulations!! x

• I'm so pleased to be an inspiration - that in itself is quite an achievement!! :-)

• :) Congratulations! It's such a fab feeling isn't it. Bet you are still smiling :)

• Thank you - I'm grinning from ear to earn while wincing at the same time from my sore shins!!

• There you go:-) Well done!

• Thank you :-)

• Well done :) really felt for you yesterday. Hooray!

• Thank you - I'm so relieved!

• I'm so delighted to read this - I felt so very sad for you yesterday as you were obviously so upset! This is just brilliant news, so happy for you, massive congratulations!

• Thank you so much - yesterday was bad and really affected my mood for the rest of the day but today I am delighted! :-)

• Great news for you! Well done - big smiley face for you today!!!

• I have a permanent grin on my face - I really am so proud of myself!

• See Scarlett O"Hara was right - tomorrow is another day!

Really well done.

Hope you'll still hang out with us a bit now your all graduated and everything?

• Oh yes, I'll still be here! But what should I do next?

• You could ask AmandaW (or me) for her 10k programme..... I'm doing it and it's really good! To make it easier you do need to programme it into an app as it's just on paper - but so worth it!!

Well done on graduating!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

• I wasn't sure either so just kept redoing the week 9 podcasts for a few weeks until I worked it out.

In the mean time my body got completely used to 5k runs which meant I was ready to step up a bit.

• well done lucylocket i intend on making myself a badge to put on the fridge:)

• Brilliant, really well done graduate!!! :)

• congratulations lucylocket :)

• Can't wait to see that graduation badge next to your name :) Well done!

• Wooohooo!! Well done !!!

• Well done Lucy Locket, I knew you'd crack it x

• Congrats! Your story inspires me to keep going. Thanks

• Well done you; a great outcome and it just underlines that we can ALL do it. This programme is just brilliant.

• Congratulations!! Well done. my friend at work who got me started on this journey is about 100 pounds overweight and just completed her first 5k. Guess what! She didn't come in last and she finished!! she has already entered another one in a few months. Job well done. i will start week 7 day after tomorrow.

You may also like...