W4R3 - defeated by ramblers!!

First 2 runs of W4 earlier in the week went well although they weren't easy - big step up from W3. Yesterday I went to do W4R3 along my usual route which is mainly bridlepath (disused railway line), canal towpath and a a bit of road/pavement. All was going well until the last minute or so of the final 5 minutes running when I caught up with a large group of elderly ramblers (not ageist - I'm 60+!) and their dogs. I managed to get past the first few with a polite 'excuse me' but retired defeated after almost tripping over a dog and someone's walking poles!! Ended this run with a longer walk - sorry Laura! Roll on Week 5!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Bloomin hooligans!

• Hmmm, it wouldn't have been much effort for them to let you past, rather inconsiderate I think.

Better luck next time !

• Happens to me all the time - i'm philosophical about it now (well fairly - I have dogs and sometimes I walk rather than run so should be) ...

• I'm Impressed you could talk while running. I graduated 4 months ago and still struggle to utter a word... Or take a drink... Sounds like you have a lovely place to run!

• Thanks for the 'tea & sympathy' everyone - I'm sure it was a bit of a one off encountering such a large group. Just back from W5R1 (yes, I did it!!!) and not a soul in sight!

• I thought I was doing quite well with my week 4 runs. Out on run yesterday and was overtaken by a teenager in flipflops walking!! Hey ho! Probably easier to deal with than your posse however!

You may also like...