Week 1 Day 2

Did the second run this morning. I now have blisters on my left heel and one toe on each foot. Also my ankles are killing me! The run itself went really well though. Going to make a trip up to Liverpool to get my gait measured, as the fitness advisor at the Fresh Start course said he noticed my gait is off. Hopefully some good running shoes will sort things out.

More detail on my blog: tinyurl.com/88mwaxe

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • New shoes are a great idea but don't forget the socks. They can help greatly if you have a tendancy to get blisters! Well done on your run!

• Thanks! My feet are an odd size which means finding shoes can be very "fun" and socks never fit properly - they always rub against my toes.

• I swear by good socks and make sure they are the right size for you. More Mile socks from Amazon are the best running socks Ive found for a long time.

• I use double layer anti blister socks and never had the slightest problem. I believe Sainsburys sell them. Well worth paying a bit extra.

• I've not heard of these. Unfortunately there isn't a Sainsbury's in my area. Maybe the sports store that I'm getting my gait measured at will have some.

• They are brillant!

• I got Hilly (Ron Hill) socks, they seem really good.

You may also like...