w5r3 and the 20 minutes is done!

To think that a week ago I was worried about this one. I really do believe R1 and R2 of this week are a great help with getting through this one. Yes, it's a step up and by the time I got to the last 5 minutes, I didn't know how I was going to be able to finish. However, I ploughed on, telling myself that I'd done 16 minutes on Saturday so I was ready for 20. 18 minutes in and Laura said I could slow down if I wanted so I reduced my speed from 8.5kph to 7.5 and carried on for the last 2 minutes. Done it and what a relief. :) I'm quite looking forward to week 6 and refuse to be worried about the longer runs in wks 7, 8 and 9 (at least I'm not worried at the moment- but that's because they seem to be a very long way ahead!)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yay! Congratulations on sailing over the big hurdle! Don't you feel just elated!?

Good running to you!

• Woohoo!! Good for you!!! I've been running at about 7kph for my last few runs, so I'm super impressed with your speed, too. Keep on going!!

• Well done, you are over the biggest hurdle and on the home straight. It will go really quickly you are over half way. It's such a buzz isn't it!

• Best feeling every isn't it?! WELL DONE!! :D

• Well done, just survived the dreaded W5R3 myself! :-)

You may also like...