12k done and dusted!

I did it! I did it!

The race, which I found out yesterday was 12k not 10k as I had thought, started at 8am. I got up at 6 and had porridge and a banana and loads of water the it was off to Woy Woy. After a quick portaloo stop (hate those things) the racestartedand I thought I was pacing myself ok.

About halfway through I had a one minute walk... Also waked for a couple of drink stations. I haven't learnt to run and drink at the same time yet. They had the time displayed at the ten k mark, 62 minutes so I knew I was on track. Then a huge steep bridge and the last kilometer! I crossed the line at 74 minutes and almost geared up, what a softie.

Big endorphin high after that! Family and friends all had my proud moment with me. I even got to cheer on my brother in law who came in after me...

So now I'm looking for a running coach, getting serious about the half marathon in september.

Ps. I didnt stop to move snails or pat/trip over dogs...

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Marvellous achievement. I'm just trying to steel myself for a move up in distance and that's so inspiring xxx

• Well done! Feels good to come in before b.i.l too I bet! Good luck for the half marathon, sounds like iv got the bug!!

• *you've got the big lol mot me!!

• Well done! Wow what an achievement :)

• I like how you casually mention how you found out 24 hrs ago that the race was an additional 2k :D I'd have been in a right state of anxiety!

Massive well done to you :)

• 10k/12k all the same. If you can do 10 you can certainly do 12. Gotta just go with it sometimes. Sorta helped that I run about 12knevery sunday morning... Though not usually at pace (it's my fun run of the week).

• Fantastic!!! :)

• Well done mair99,

12K, that's 7 and a half miles! Nothing worse than a hill near the end, but you did a really good time! Lol at tripping over dogs, I know exactly where you are with that one!!

Bring on the half marathon!!

CaroleC

• Brilliant effort matey!!!

I've got a 10k next Sunday and hoping the weather stays cool!!!!!

• Best of luck... Don't forget to pace yourself... Especially at the start where it's easy to get carried away.

• Lol... Saving the dog thing for when I do my half...

• Wow! I am struggling with week one! Did you? :)

• We all did! Its all good, we are a few weeks ahead of you ! (well I am about 18 months ahead) don't compare!

• Yup majorly... Six months ago I could hardly run a minute!

• very nice! Great job another for the c25k half marathon month in September :-D

• Well done!! Can't wait for my first 10k race:)

• Fantastic!! That's awesome!

• Thanks everyone for your kind words... You are all so supportive. And yes I really struggled week 1. I felt like I was dying after my first run! And I still have crappy runs sometimes... I know the triggers now and am kinder to myself.

You may also like...