Feeling hot, hot, hot! - Week 4 done!

So tonight I was playing the "run now or run after dinner game" - was it too hot to run early?... would I run later or just put it off? long day at work didn't help... so what did I do?

.... headed out of course!!! ...after a few extra checks given the beautiful weather!

sun screen - check

extra water beforehand - check

running shorts - check

shady route - check

promise to OH to come back if I overheated! - check

30 mins later = done!!!

10 mins after that = chilling out on the balcony at home!!

:D :D :D :D Loving having the excuse to go out and enjoy the park!!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Covered 4km in total (full podcast) again :D sooo chuffed - will definitely be at the 5km mark soon...

• Note to self....must remember sun cream next time. The list of stuff to remember just gets longer and longer!

• Ooh well done!

I managed to leave work earlyish so I could go out for my run before the evening cool came. Since starting in Nov I have only ever run in cool/cold/even sub zero temperatures! Really really concerned that warm or even hot weather for the 10k I plan to do in June would just floor me so thought I better start a bit of warm weather running.

I hated it! I picked one of the least shady stretches of the canal, took water, and just sweltered!

• Ooh well done!

I managed to leave work earlyish so I could go out for my run before the evening cool came. Since starting in Nov I have only ever run in cool/cold/even sub zero temperatures! Really really concerned that warm or even hot weather for the 10k I plan to do in June would just floor me so thought I better start a bit of warm weather running.

I hated it! I picked one of the least shady stretches of the canal, took water, and just sweltered! Beetroot of face and sopping wet and that was just 2 miles!

• Indeed it was so hot today, I ran at 5pm and took it easy but still thought I was going to expire. No.2 son who's 8 said "Look at you mum, I think I can see a green stalk coming out of your head - you're turning into a tomato" loud cackle and much merriment at my expense with many a further dig at my dishevelled appearance.

You may also like...