Completed Week 7

Well, after almost a week off due to a sore heel I decided to get back on the wagon and finish my last day of week 7.

To be honest i was expecting it to be a disaster. In the first few minutes i felt a bit of a twinge in my right knee. First time my knees have bothered me since i started, but it seemed to disappear as soon as it came.

About ten minutes in i realised my compression socks werent pulled up over my calves. Have used them every run since the end of week 1. It didnt seem to make a difference, so instead of stopping i just carried on.

I even tried to listen to an audiobook, but that was irritating so i put my running music back on.

The run i missed really annoyed me. I havent missed one since i started. Yesterday i should have been starting week 8, not running week 7 today.

I kept saying to myself, if you get to the end and you have anything left forget week 7, go for the 28 minutes of week 8.

Well, i got to 25 minutes, and i thought, what the hell, and i went through to 28 minutes.

I have to say that i almost puked when i finished though.

Before i went for the run today, i weighed myself. Four pounds down on this time last week. That puts my total weight loss from starting this programme and Slimming World simultaneously = 2 1/2 stones or 35 pounds.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...