Delayed by illness, now time to get going again!

I'd not run for almost 2 weeks due to a stupid lingery cold that wouldn't come on properly but also wouldn't pass quickly. I was a bit trepidatious before going out in case I failed miserably, but got started anyway. Should have been wk8r2, 28 minutes, so off I set. Started off really well, legs felt good from the break and I was breathing fine.. then disaster struck, the sun came out (not normally a bad thing I know) and I started getting hotter and hotter. In the end I managed 23 minutes and just over 2 miles before it became too much, started feeling a bit dizzy so figured it was time to walk again before i stacked it over the sea wall :).

All things considered, not too bad, I'll go through week 7 again I think and probably go back to evening running when its more my temperature. Got over that first run back and thats the main thing as I could so easily have stopped.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great effort from a 2 week break!

• Well done for trying, it's so hard when you've been unwell and I know that feeling of wondering whether it's time yet or not. The frustration of wanting to get on and the body refusing to cooperate. You'll be great, you have a good strategy. Have fun!

• A lot of runners are struggling with the heat. Repeating W7 sounds like a plan. So close to graduation now, well done getting this far and for getting back out there after a break.

You may also like...