5km and so happy

Today I went out for my first run post graduation. Plan was just to do 30 minutes but try and go a little further than I did previously. BUT....was feeling good at 2km so rather than turn round (was at the 15 minute mark) I kept going a little further. So today I ran for a 5.04km in 39 minutes. Can't believe I did the 5km or ran for an extra 9 minutes....9 minutes more than I've ever done before. WHOOOOOP WHOOOOOP :) :) :) :)

It's going to be a good day!!!!

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's fantastic! No wonder you felt so good. Have at least one rest day now!

Take the timing up slowly each week now; just a bit more each week for one of the runs.(ie. two runs of 30 and one of 36) I have seen a lot of people end up being injured because they have suddenly gone from 30 minutes to 50 minutes or an hour. It is always tempting to just push it that bit further, but the 10 % rule will save your knees.

• I'm def going back to 30 mins on my next run. I just needed to prove to myself that I can do it! :)

• well done :) that magic 5k :)

yes, take TJ's advice. it is easy to think you are invincible (cost me a month off) so be careful.

congratulations X

• That's fantastic a great achievement! :)

• Congratulations, I love it when people reach there goals, you have every right to be happy x

• yay!!

• Well done! It is amaing what you have achieved, so feel proud and enjoy it!

x

• Well done! It is amaing what you have achieved, so feel proud and enjoy it!

x

• Ali that's so great to hear, well done! :D

• yeah!!!! celebration boogie :) brilliant :)

• i did a bit of a boogie tonight before I seize up over night lol

• That is fantastic, well done AliB1. It must be a brilliant feeling reaching that 5K.

• Well done

You may also like...