Some facts about me:
- I hate getting hot and bothered
- I am, by nature, sedentary (and, to be honest, quite lazy!)
- I have, up until now, felt that time exercising could be better used doing something else (knitting, reading, watching tv...)
I have just finished W1 R1 (I did W1 R1 and R2 a couple of weeks ago, but got so busy with work that I stopped, and have now started again).
I am writing this post to motivate myself to continue. At the moment, I feel fantastic, and so proud of myself. Why I feel good:
- I did exactly what the podcast told me (managing all eight runs). The first time I tried a few weeks ago this was beyond me, and I had to walk through a few of the runs.
- I don't feel like dying!
- It was a fantastic way to start my week (it's Monday morning).
- The run boosted my mood.
- The run got me up and out enjoying the day.
- I know from past experience that I will feel better and more flexible for the rest of the day.
And I need to remind myself that exercise is the cure for all my ills: depression, being overweight, lack of energy. Time exercising is not wasted. Quite the opposite. And I hereby promise to myself that I will get to the end of the C25k :-).