There IS a role for Chocolate!!!!

sharing the Chocolate news of an article in Women's Running magazine - when a small amount of dark chocolate is eaten in combination with exercise performance is boosted by 50 percent (if you are a mouse) the science bit says - plant compound epicatechin stimulates muscle growth in a similar way to exercise apparently

little squares of G&B dark chocolate can sit with the bananas for post run comfort :)

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hmm I like the sound of this...well if science says I should eat chocolate I better not argue :)

• Blimey I do believe we are talking ourselves into chocolate and wine being the perfect training diet!

This is turning into an awesome place :-)

• I'm loving this running luck even more...Now where was the chocolate and wine?

• I've been telling my husband this for years. Glad there's now scientific proof! Must admit I've got a bar of dark chocolate secreted away that gets nibbled after each run. Now, wonder why I'm not losing weight?

• Giggling Greg - it is indeed an awesome place :)

• I can't eat chocolate so I think I'll just have to have extra wine :) poor me

• My problem is the a couple of square of chocolate turns into a whole bar....

You may also like...