W6R1: I found that really hard this evening... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

119,521 members โ€ข 150,329 posts

W6R1

JeffingSG profile image
JeffingSGGraduate
โ€ข10 Replies

I found that really hard this evening. Week 6 run 1. Not sure if it was because I've not run for 9 days, or because I was without my hubby who usually comes with me in an evening or because it was windy and wet. It was hard but I did it so I guess I should be smiling. ๐Ÿ˜Š

10 Replies
โ€ข
Grannyhugs profile image
GrannyhugsGraduate

You did it even though it was hard for all those reasons. Well done ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

IannodaTruffe profile image
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Congratulations on completing your longest workout to date.

W6R1 catches out far more people than W5R3.

JeffingSG profile image
JeffingSGGraduate in reply to IannodaTruffe

I wonder why this run seems harder than week 5 run 3. It seems as you say that others struggle with this one. I cant quite get my head around why ?

IannodaTruffe profile image
IannodaTruffeAdministrator in reply to JeffingSG

It is your longest workout to date and after W5R3 a degree of overconfidence can creep in.

pete1212 profile image
pete1212Graduate

Well done jeffingSG on your run ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ today ๐Ÿ‘

Well done!!! Amazing

Leosmit profile image
LeosmitGraduate

Well done though - you found it tough but you did it! Iโ€™m just in from my w6d1. Iโ€™d read quite a few warning posts about this one so I went even slower than normal. Be chuffed with yourself, itโ€™s even more impressive when someone finishes it when theyโ€™re finding it tough.

Fluffiness profile image
FluffinessGraduate

Well done on getting out there and doing it!! Are you making sure to warm up and stretch before you go out - even more important when you have not run for a while and are out of routine! Keep going!!

Funny that I also found it hard! I thought week 5 run 3 was easier. But Iโ€™m thinking maybe it was because I was coming down with a cold- who knows! Anyway week 6 run 2 possibly tonight . Well done on completing it though . ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I still remember actually crying after I completed W6R1 it felt so difficult after the euphoria of W5 but these lovely virtual running buddies in here picked me back up! You smashed it - well done you!

You may also like...