First attempt: So I’m wanting to this to help... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
87,270 members119,244 posts

First attempt

Jxjx
Jxjx
7 Replies

So I’m wanting to this to help with my weight loss.

I’m too embarrassed to run in public, am I ok to start doing this on my running machine?

Thanks

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Hazel10
Hazel10Graduate

Do it any way you like. I was embarrassed too, so i do understand. You may tone up but not see the weight coming off, but get started and best of luck - you CAN do it. Hurray!

Oldschool01

Yes go for it, lots of us do it on a treadmill..

Good luck!

GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoAmbassador

Absolutely! Do read the guide before starting...

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

And enjoy your journey! 👍🏻😁

Markco93
Markco93Graduate

Yes absolutely. Like you I wasn’t wild about the concept of running in public in the early weeks. I was already using the gym so just added in a bit of treadmill work. This gave me the confidence to run outside, although I was plenty keen enough to clear the immediate area of the house before being spotted. 😀

I did the first couple of weeks on the treadmill then started wk3 running outside.

One really good tip I got was to set the treadmill at 1.5% incline, so it is more similar to running on the road. Harder at first, but I made the transition to outside without any issues.

Enjoy your running and good luck 👍

Aruba2020

I do it on the treadmill as I feel the same as you. Enjoy 👍🏾

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Lots of people use the treadmill and hopefully over time when you're more confident you can get outside. Just go slow and make sure you're drinking plenty water 2-3 litres every day and not just on run days.

C25k is an amazing plan and really does work you'll get lots of encouragement and support on here good luck 😊😊

backintime
backintimeGraduate

Yes...I did the whole thing plus up to 10k on the treadmill, then transitioned to outside once allergy season was over. Do use a slight incline as mentioned further up, it does help.

You may also like...