I did everything wrong today. Slept in, early morning visitors arrived even earlier than expected, no breakfast, bigger than usual lunch as I was hungry after missing breakfast and then decided to turn an afternoon dog walk into a run.
All my runs have been pre-breakfast but I didn’t want to miss a run today as i know I haven’t time tomorrow. It was cooler than we’ve had for a while (24 degrees) and I thought I’d do my first trail run.
What I learnt:
1. You get to the hilly bit of a track much sooner when you’re running;
2. The flat bits can be hills too but you just hadn’t noticed when you were walking;
3. The dog is very unimpressed when you turn around every few minutes to avoid more b..... hills;
4. 24 degrees is cooler than 32 but it’s still too hot;
5. It’s best not to wear mascara when you run as it frightens walkers, cyclists and other runners - and you only know why they’ve avoided you when you get home and look in the mirror:
6. Better to run before eating.
Other than that it was great